THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) disrupted the mattress industry by offering a customer-focused, digitally-native alternative to traditional mattress chains. Since then, more and more similar brands have followed in our wake presenting new challenges and a different type of customer confusion. With people at the heart of everything we do, we know it’s now time for us to define our next chapter. Rest should be a universal right and with that as our North Star, we are setting out to radically reshape how the world thinks about sleep and the impact it can have in our lives. But our success in making great products and exceptional experiences depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life because we know a diverse environment is essential to our success in making better sleep accessible to all.
Want to use your unique worldview to help shape the future of Tuft & Needle? Join us. We’re just getting started.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be tasked with coordinating and managing software development projects across the Tuft & Needle application suite. The PM will be partnering cross-functionally with stakeholders from design, development, content and product to ensure projects meet business requirements and are completed on target. From ideation to launch, you’ll keep projects flowing and ensure that all members of the team will have what they need in order to deliver.
The team at Tuft & Needle is looking for a vibrant, self-starter to fill the role of Software Development Project Manager. This is a key role for a results-oriented person with the ability to communicate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and guide the teams they work with to successfully deliver for our customers.
– Work with digital leadership to manage resources and availability to ensure peak efficiency across the digital team
– Design and evolve processes for all aspects of software delivery with a focus on maximizing quality, flexibility, collaboration, transparency, and speed
– Document incoming project requests and prioritize appropriately
– Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure business needs and directives are being supported by digital team
– Establish individual project plans and related goals which are measured in quantifiable metrics
– Ensure adherence to deadlines
– Lead discovery and kick-off meetings for project inception and requirement gathering
– Coordinate and run stand-ups and check in meetings with project/stakeholder teams
– Create user stories properly communicating required work with clear and concise acceptance criteria
– Manage and prioritize project backlogs
– Understand team members strengths and growth areas, putting them in positions to capitalize on their strengths and invest in their growth areas
– Meet regularly with all team members across projects to gauge potential for project burn-out
– Work with team to determine the types of work/challenges a given person is interested in so that they can be presented opportunities to work on projects of that nature
– Mitigate friction and establish means for communication on cross functional projects
– Minimum 3+ years in a software development project management role, working daily with a development team
– Experience working with both design and development teams and be familiar with their needs
– Strong passion for building a great user experience
– Solid record of delivery with agile methodologies
– Experience with all facets of project management from discovery to delivery
– Highly organized with an attention to detail; able to work autonomously and manage time effectively
– Deep knowledge of the SDLC
– Superior tactical skills while taking initiative to drive and execute multiple concurrent activities
YOU’LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You’ll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We’re very proud to work with each other. We’re shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org