At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
The Vercel Sales Engineering Team enables the power of our advanced platform to be realized by frontend teams working on innovative digital projects around the globe. We demonstrate our deep experiences in web development and Internet infrastructure to provide pre-sales guidance for enterprises who are moving to the most developer-friendly platform in the world. Sales Engineers play a key role in our Sales process by working with Account Executives to plan, prepare and complete strategic deals in complex sales cycles, with a focus on value-based selling. You will find a collaborative environment at Vercel, where everyone brings different strengths from a variety of backgrounds, and jumps in to help one another improve and accomplish our goals.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical support to the sales team, prospects, and customers throughout the entire sales cycle
- Be the expert in Vercel’s platform, solutions, and services and how they can be applied to solve business needs
- Develop and present demonstrations of the Vercel solutions
- Lead and run PoCs, guiding measures of success and towards relevant outcomes
- Respond to Security Documents, coordinating with other internal specialist teams
- Respond to RFPs and other required formal written responses for sales opportunities
- Serve as an interface to Product and Engineering teams, representing Voice of Customer
- You focus on learning, guiding, collaboration, mentorship, and growth
- You have a passion for developing people, an accurate mental model of how our technology works and can quickly establish rapport and become a trusted advisor
- You are able to transform jargon into a cogent narrative relating to the specific needs of a wide range of people, from frontend developers to IT managers and enterprise C-levels
- You can weave together discussions about business benefits, strategic value, and technical efficacy with the ability to envision, create and develop custom demos
- You understand how to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands
- You possess strong technical skills, ideally from software development experience or previous pre-sales experience
- You are an expert in internet technologies: TCP, DNS, HTTP(S), TLS
- You are aware of the broader technical ecosystems, including Headless CMS, Media, payments, eCommerce, Analytics, etc.
- You are experienced with load and performance testing for enterprise web applications
- You understand best practices in enterprise network architecture and security
- You have 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales or consulting role
Bonus If You:
- Deployed Next.js applications to a production environment
- Worked on teams self-hosting Next.js on their Kubernetes (k8s) cluster
- Earned Cloud Solutions Architect Certifications
- Engaged with platform security & privacy regulatory standards like PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2
- Attained an Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- You speak, read and write fluent Japanese
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.