Job Title: Product Owner
Location: Denver or remote
Do creating optimal user experiences and workflows excite you? Do you love to collaborate with customers, stakeholders, and internal teams to build best-in-the-market SaaS? Are you comfortable working in cross-functional environment that works on improving, organizing, and driving product success? Then join us as our next Product Owner!
Get your career going your way!
Who You Are:
As a Product Owner with Infinicept, you will ensure the outcome for our innovative products targeted at enabling embedded finance in customers across verticals and payment processors. You will be responsible for interacting and collaborating with stakeholders on key product considerations and align the product vision, features, and roadmap. By leveraging customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance, and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
You are someone who prioritizes effective communication between users and other teams. You are customer-centric, and stay updated on market trends and customer demands, before developing new products and features that result in customer satisfaction. Internally act as the customer, in communicating needs and issues to the wider team, and by prioritizing backlog, as well as participating in daily scrums, team building tasks, stand-ups and coordination meetings. Ultimately responsible for managing user stories, organizing customer feedback, and identifying common roadblocks by acting as a customer support representative. You can drive the development team towards meeting the original project goals and keeping them invested in the product to maximize the product value. You are strongly invested in developing exceptional work through autonomy and creative problem solving. You are someone with a keen eye for detail when it comes to breaking down big ideas into small measurable pieces. You love a good workflow and aren’t scared off by the high degree of customization & configurability per client.
What You Will Do:
- Promote the needs of our customers and act as their voice for the product concept
- Support the vision for the team’s product by creating product roadmaps based on this vision
- Define the strategic roadmap, the goal and monitor that value is being delivered to the customer
- Document technical story details after reviewing with development team; owns assigns, and clarifies technical requirements
- Work with the Product Manager, customers, and sales to identify product features and priorities
- Manage the product backlog and prioritizing them based on changing requirements
- Work with QA & Engineering teams to ensure product development delivery
- Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensures completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for the product team
- Align product and company decisions to feedback received from customers and product team
- Engage with existing and prospective customers to deepen personal and organizational understanding of our user’s needs
- Cross collaboration with internal teams to identify ways to enhance our products
- Collaborate with teammates to craft elegant solutions to customer and business problems
- Contribute to our agile methodology with contributions in feature planning, grooming, development retrospectives, etc
- Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components, features, and underline infrastructure maintenance
- Be a sounding board and contributor to the overall product vision and strategy
- Communicate success and progress regularly with our product team, customers, stakeholders, and the organization
- Review and recognize the long-term ongoing support for product capabilities and value stream
- Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team’s functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams
- 2+ years’ experience with high-tech SaaS products and technologies
- 1+ years’ experience in payments, payment facilitation, or related field, preferred
- Specialization in UI/UX, Backend or Technical Product, preferred
- Prior experience as a Project Manager in Agile SDLC, preferred
- Experience with any type of application flow, verification processes, and rules engine decisioning
- Underwriting & merchant application experience, regardless of industry
- A strong technical background – significant hands-on experience building quality technology products is preferred
- A keen sense of business – the ability to understand market trends and consumer requirements, build business cases to justify your analysis, and design and prioritize features to fit the market needs
- Naturally curious about root cause and are thoughtful of up-stream and downstream impacts of product features
- You’re not reactive, but mindful and thoughtful about the solutions you suggest
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Benefits for You:
Infinicept believes that all team members play an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program. We offer:
- Competitive salary (range: $90,000/annually – $110,000/annually)
- Flexible vacation policy
- 15 paid company holidays per year
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work from home policy
- Dog-friendly office
- Efficient in-office gym
- A progressive, passionate work environment
- An amazing team dedicated to both the company’s mission and your success!
Infinicept Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Excellent (but perfect is impossible)
- Have Integrity
- Act Like an Adult
- Eat and Drink Well
Infinicept is a thriving, innovative, fintech company headquartered in Denver, CO seeking an ambitious, driven Product Owner to join our rapidly growing team. Infinicept provides all the advantages of embedded payments to vertical software companies without all the usual disadvantages. Our tools and services simplify everything from onboarding and underwriting to administration and service. Our customers have more foresight, more freedom, and more follow-through across the entire process of embedded payments. Industry leaders such as Fivestars, Patientco, and NCR all use Infinicept. With over 200 customers in 25 countries, the Infinicept platform is growing at 800% per year, and reached #95 on the Inc. 5000 list in 2020. We offer an exciting, dynamic environment, using the latest technology to shape the future. We are seeking people who want to make a difference and who thrive in a collaborative environment where success is the ultimate result.
Work in a typical office environment with other staff speaking on phones or engaging in limited team conversation. The role will involve long periods of stationary movement and frequent use of computers and other hardware. Physical efforts to carry out job duties may include some standing, bending, lifting, limited stretching, and reaching.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, Infinicept provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Infinicept complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.