At Klaviyo, we’re passionate about user experience and design. We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer who will help our design team make an even bigger impact.
The Lead Product Designer is the team’s go-to expert when it comes to the craft and logic of design. They’re an authority on how to turn ideas into reality, driving clarity and creating high standards across process and execution. Beyond their design skills, they’re also a strong advocate for their work, which helps them influence decisions and drive great design outcomes.
The Lead Product Designer sets a strong example and provides thoughtful direction within the team, often acting as a mentor and coach. They’re known around the company for their creativity, leadership, and innovation.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Get design projects on the roadmap, ship them, and drive measurable results
- Lead and coordinate multiple complex projects at the same time
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI
- Organize and moderate design critiques as an in-house expert
- Drive process improvements, from creation to adoption
- Adapt the design process for cross-functional problem solving
- Assist with interviewing candidates for future roles
- Contribute to building Klaviyo’s design culture
Who You Are
- 8+ years designing and scaling digital products.
- Have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing work that has quantifiably improved a business
- Experience shipping work into larger markets and iterating over time
- A strong foundation in the fundamental principles of design
- The ability to jump in and pinch-hit on any design project
- The flexibility to be a great collaborator in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- The capability to take a unique (or even unpopular) stand on an issue and facilitate a productive outcome
- The ability to coach other designers with honest, constructive feedback
- A keen sense of how to prioritize your projects and time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A growth mindset and the ability to think on your feet
- Industry experience in e-commerce, marketing tech or SaaS is a strong asset.
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Experience developing or contributing to an actively evolving design system.
- Some understanding / prior experience working with CSS (LESS/SASS) for building responsive applications.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.