We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
Our Sales organization is actively looking for a highly motivated Manager of Sales Development to join our team. This is a full-time, high visibility role where you have an opportunity to manage up to 10 Sales Development and Business Development Representatives directly as the team grows. You will play an active role in developing and coaching these SDR/BDRs and owning metrics around our pipeline.
We are looking for a self-starter who is comfortable in a partnership-oriented sales approach, helping align prospects to our value proposition while increasing lead volume. You will be tasked with keeping things simple, organized and clear – even in the most complex situations – so that we can grow together and scale our business. This role would report to our Vice President of Sales.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Provide onboarding, regular coaching, feedback, and professional development for everyone on your team using tools like Gong.io or WorkRamp
- Analyze and report on key metrics and forecasts to senior management (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Partner with our marketing team to execute an Account Based Marketing (ABM) program and align with Account Based Selling (ABS) best practices
- Creatively use timing, buyer personas, and best practices in SaaS sales to develop timely strategies and tactics
- Manage 1v1s based on the three pillars of dscout performance: Growth, Results, Team Dynamics (we’ll share more about this later!)
- Coach and advocate for your team to achieve their potential
- Use quantitative and qualitative data analysis to drive operational excellence in funnel performance
What you need to have (let’s call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 5-7 years in a quota-carrying role managing accounts
- 2-3 years in direct people management
- 5+ years in selling Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills
- Keen focus on data and analytics
- Excellent organizational skills and a solution-oriented mindset
What is nice to have (let’s call them Additional Skills):
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and ability to handle multiple tasks and initiatives at any given moment
- Adaptability within a dynamic, constantly changing environment. Flexibility and openness to think of new solutions when plans change while appropriately setting and managing expectations
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Outreach.io, Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Proven relationship builder. You have excellent people skills, are a natural leader, and have experience consulting and influencing customers up to the executive level
- Passion for leadership and leading with confidence. You know your audience and can communicate effectively while translating technical ideas to non-technical people and inspire people to try new things
- Be (or be willing to become) an expert in research trends, stay informed of data-driven industry news, emerging technologies, and competitor offerings
- Strategic mindset. You love evaluating things from a high level but also have a technical curiosity and enjoy working directly with products
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient, and able to operate autonomously. You demonstrate the ability to launch an initiative, take ownership, and follow-through. Actively seeks out self-development opportunities
- Confident cross-functional team player who can keep people from multiple disciplines aligned toward the same goal
- Experience working in a software company that also offers professional services
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
dscout is committed to providing our employees with the flexibility to work in a location that works for you. If you like working in an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago HQ. If you prefer to work from home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, so just let us know where you’re located and we’ll let you know if we can accommodate that location.
dscout is a team full of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
It doesn’t just stop there. When you join the dscout team, you will get:
- A strong and competitive compensation package with a built-in bonus and equity program.
- An incredible and progressive benefits package to support work/life balance that includes flexible PTO, 11 company holidays, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and much more.
- A company that is open and transparent with our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend to support your growth & development. As you grow, we grow.
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We’ll do all we can to ensure you’re set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
dscout participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.