Manager, Client Sales
The Sales team is the driving force of Weedmaps and we are looking for someone to lead a team of Account Executives and Client Partners in growing the customer and revenue base for WM Business SaaS product. Based in Irvine or Los Angeles, this role will be responsible for day-to-day management of a team of SMB and LCS sellers, with responsibility for achieving the team’s monthly sales targets and keeping the team motivated and productive.
As Manager, Client Sales, you will be responsible for working with the sales team to prospect and prioritize clients, pitch WM Business offering, close sales, and ensure ongoing client success (in partnership with the Client Success team). The right person will be a strong people manager, have deep experience developing successful sales teams, and brings a track record of reliably delivering against revenue or other sales goals.
The impact you’ll make:
- Actively coach, develop and lead your team in sales effectiveness and efficiency and serve as a sales leader within the broader organization
- Own the defined quota for a sales team based on revenue from ad services and product adoption across our WM Business offering
- Identify new tactics and opportunities to drive both client retention and growth for your team and region
- Build and manage a high-performing team by recruiting top tier talent, retaining and rewarding existing talent, managing resources effectively and efficiently, and demonstrating great leadership everyday
- Develop and nurture a performance driven culture that celebrates the right wins and quickly addresses gaps
- Be an expert in the consultative sales process and lead your team to use this skill to win and nurture client accounts
- Monitor all key metrics across your team related to quota, SLA, and OKR success and use that data to guide their daily effort and focus them on hitting targets
- Partner closely with sales leadership to develop and execute regional revenue strategy
- Drive the team to identify new lead sources and opportunities and partner closely with Sales Enablement to capture and track these leads and opportunities within your team
- Provide thought leadership within the organization as it relates to ad serving platforms, the use of data to improve marketing efficiency, and SaaS
- Advise Sales and Product Management regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources and strategic planning
- Provide deep knowledge and insights to drive creative and long term improvements to our overall platform offering
- Own quarterly sales forecasts, target setting, planning and budgeting for your team
What you’ve accomplished:
- BS/BA Degree
- 6+ years of experience with proven success in a sales management / leadership role within online, digital media, or software sales.
- Track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- 4+ years of people management, with substantial experience in coaching and performance management
- Cross-functional team leadership, influence, management, and alignment experience
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
“Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!”