You will work closely with Product, Design, Legal, Compliance and Customer Support to ensure the best localization of our content for Brazilian users. You must deeply understand the user’s problems as well as the cultural context of the country. You will be accountable for the correct language use on all our content. You must use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices and recommendations that will allow us to lead the local market. You will be expected to create all sorts of reference material for Brazil (style guides, glossaries, etc.) and define tone of voice based on the product needs. You will help define best localization processes based on specific needs of each team.
- Provide high-quality PT_BR<>ENG translations for our content in products and different touch points. Proofread and edit both ES_BR and ENG content.
- Work closely with the Product design and Content design teams to adapt our product to the local market.
- Identify and fix linguistic and market-specific issues before launch.
- Optimize the quality of the existing content on website, mobile app content, and identify key improvements that can impact the business.
- Provide fresh ideas to help build a localization framework and methodologies to guide Product and Engineering teams.
- Evaluate and revise processes to scale and adapt to an ever-growing business.
- Prioritize and organize upcoming projects according to the business goals and roadmap.
- Understand and empathize with how the words we use in our products can make our users feel.
- Create, improve and maintain linguistics guidelines for Brazil.
- Create QA processes customized to the company’s needs and thought to provide exceptional quality content.
Who you are:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Translation or Languages (or correlated areas) and approximately 3 years of relevant experience in the localization industry.
- Native Brazilian Portuguese speaker and advanced knowledge of English.
- Strong translating, writing, editorial, and reviewing skills.
- Experience in varied stages of the localization process: translation, edition, proofreading, QA, project management, etc.
- Experience with different CAT tools and QA tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail, while the ability to keep sight of the big picture.
- A deep understanding of and passion for product, marketing and technology.
- Experience working with digital products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.