Who We Are
We are creating the best way to finance clean energy for the home to help combat climate change. Mosaic partners directly with solar and home improvement professionals, who use our simple point-of-sale app to offer financing to their customers. This makes it easy and affordable for families to make energy-efficient upgrades to their homes. Since 2012, Mosaic has funded more than $9 billion in loans through our platform and helped more than 1,000,000 homeowners switch to sustainable solutions. Join us as we work toward our vision of 100% clean energy for all.
Location: We are a remote-first company. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
We are looking for a Group Product Manager, Lending to join our product team and lead a group of product managers to drive the strategy and development of our lending experience. You will be responsible for the application and funding experience across our ecosystem of financial products, partners, and customers. This charter requires you to think/operate like a GM – your domain includes the people, processes, and technologies that make up our application and funding experience. You love to be ‘on it all’ – balancing big initiatives, with ongoing iteration, with unexpected issues that arise – and have a significant role in overall company OKRs. This role includes working with your team to build ‘move-the-needle’ product roadmaps and execute with excellence. You are data-driven and are motivated by influencing our funnel conversion and customer experience. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role and you will partner with leaders from all departments of the Company.
We’re looking for a product leader who is..
- Strategically-minded, yet acts swiftly. You are strategically-minded in how you set the vision and overall roadmap for your charter, yet not at the expense of missing opportunities for ‘quick-wins’. You are an expert at knowing how/when to pivot based on data, customer insights, or market factors – you guide your team to do the same.
- Customer Obsessed Innovation: Matching customer goals with business goals is where you thrive – and this is what fuels the ‘needle-moving’ ideas you champion. You partner with Product Design to understand the customer, advocate for the customer, and champion processes/culture to get the product team closer to the customer. You understand and value good UX and Design; you define standards and processes for your team to bring these things to life.
- Data-driven to your core. Your morning routine includes looking at the conversion numbers for your charter. You are motivated by making an impact on the key KPIs for your charter and work with your team to have product strategies grounded in data. You have a tight partnership with data teams at Mosaic to ensure data-driving-action is a key part of the overall Mosaic strategy.
- Technically-proficient. You are technical enough to partner deeply with engineering, data, and platform teams to effectively implement new initiatives. This proficiency can take many forms and also means that you know when you only ‘know enough to be dangerous’ and need to learn/trust in the expertise of others.
- A Respected Cross Functional Leader. Cross functional team members of all levels love to collaborate with you as you add value to their workstreams and Mosaic. You are effective at driving change, and see collaboration as the most effective path to driving this change. You value others for the unique perspectives and skill sets they bring, and have a ‘superpower’ at bringing these people together to create the best outcomes. You can explain a product idea and its value proposition in a manner that resonates with your audience. Your vocabulary adapts to the stakeholders you engage with – product, design, engineering, executive team, legal, operations, sales, finance and everyone in between.
- A servant leader. You lead a team of product managers focused on the lending experience. You set the right strategy and support & develop your product managers to have the biggest impact in the company and achieve their career goals.
What you bring to the team
- 8+ years launching/scaling products in consumer lending, financial services, or home improvement; b2b2c experience a plus
- Customer insight and a data-driven approach to product management
- 5+ years experience leading teams of Product Managers, Data Analysts, and/or UX’ers
- Executive presence with cross-functional team members of all levels, including C-level
- Experience with web analytics tools (Segment, Mixpanel, Heap, Amplitude etc.) a plus
- Strong user empathy and fluency in user research, UX/UI design and rapid prototyping
- Deep understanding of the agile software development process
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Technology; MBA a huge plus.
- Plus: API product management experience and/or microservices architecture
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself work environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have a generous PTO program, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
Mosaic’s policy is that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel for work, visit our office, or attend in-person meetings, to the extent permitted by applicable law. We encourage you to speak with your recruiter if you would like more details on our COVID-19 safety policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Mosaic. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.