Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Director, UX/UI will lead the Product Design team, providing leadership and guidance on both tactical output and strategic decisions on product design
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
In addition to working in accordance with appropriate conduct and behavioral standards, specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead development and execution of the Product Design vision for Nextech
- Coach and mentor a team of creative designers
- Actively participate in leadership meetings by providing input towards product strategy and visibility into UX processes
- Lead the team in documenting and refining best practices in Product Design, UX, and our style guide
- Continue to help drive design thinking throughout the organization
- Support the UX team in continuously developing best practices
- Work with clients via onsite and remote interactions to understand in-depth workflows and gain insight into how our applications can thrive
- Create high-quality visual design and interactions of product ideas and workflows
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, journey mapping, process flows, interaction prototypes, and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Conduct user research, interviews, and tests through a user-centered design process
- Have the ability to understand development libraries and systems to align designs with the development workflow
- Assist in the validation of the design with development teams to ensure the design was followed to completion
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned based on business need
- 5 year of experience in a fast-paced, creative UX/UI environment as both an individual contributor and people leader
- Experience in leading a team of creative designers
- Skilled storyteller with strong abilities to develop concepts that enhance user experience and deliver business results
- Exceptional product design skills and ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking
- Track record of work that demonstrates high-quality design that reinforces your deep design thinking capabilities
- Ability and experience with presenting to executive leadership
- Healthcare IT experience
- 5 free mental health counseling sessions annually
- Flexible Time Off: take time off when you need it without worrying about available hours
- 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance : Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options
- Nextech operates as a hybrid work organization – employees may work both from home and the office. Most positions have an expectation of attendance in the corporate office in Tampa, FL on either a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. Frequency of in office work is determined by the department leaders and is subject to change based on business needs. Some positions may be considered 100% remote. The hybrid or remote status of the position will be discussed during the interview process and indicated in the offer letter at the time of the offer.
- Activities require a significant amount work in front of a computer monitor
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel