Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Consumable Sales Rep. is responsible for driving consumable sales and serving as the initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries. S/he manages the sales process for specific products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Responsibilities include engaging with existing customers, generating new sales leads, introducing customers to the NanoString products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes, negotiating and coordinating with manufacturing to ensure delivery of products, and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt. This individual works closely with Regional Account Managers and Sales Development Representatives to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific territory. This is a home-based sales role located in a specific geography and requires minimal travel (10%); however, local travel to nearby customers is highly encouraged.
- Drive strategic sales activities that result in consumable revenue at new and existing accounts.
- Engage with existing customers and generate new sales leads.
- Establish new customers in Academic and Biotech markets.
- Maintain/grow consumable revenue at existing customer accounts.
- Support Regional Account Managers with lead generation, customer follow-up, and developing/closing consumable opportunities.
- Initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and outbound prospecting.
- Manage trade show leads and their respective qualifications.
- Manage a consumables forecast and implement strategies to address any gaps to plan.
- Establish and nurture positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product promotions and provide feedback on ROI.
- Maintain a CRM database via updates to sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or technical field required. Genetics, molecular biology, chemistry strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life science product.
- Solid fundamental understanding of genetics.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types. Ability to work well with highly educated research scientist customers.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process, and solutions using NanoString products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM database a plus.
- Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork
- MS. degree in molecular biology or a related field a strong plus.
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.