Job Summary: The Consumable Sales Representative (CSR) is responsible for driving consumable sales and serving as the initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries. S/he manages the sales process for specific product lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Responsibilities include engaging with existing customers, generating new sales leads, introducing customers to the NanoString products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes, negotiating and coordinating with manufacturing to ensure delivery of products, and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt. This individual works closely with Regional Account Managers and Sales Development Representatives to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific territory. This is a home-based sales role located in a specific geography and requires minimal travel (up to 25%); however, local travel to nearby customers is highly encouraged.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a science or technical field required. 2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life science product preferred. Solid fundamental understanding of genetics. Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others. Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types. Ability to work well with highly educated research scientist customers. Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process, and solutions using NanoString products. Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM database a plus. Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive. Team goal-oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork.
- Drive strategic sales activities that result in consumable revenue at new and existing accounts.
- Engage with existing customers and generate new sales leads.
- Establish new customers in Academic and Biotech markets
- Maintain/grow consumable revenue at existing customer accounts.
- Support Regional Account Managers with lead generation, customer follow-up, and developing/closing consumable opportunities.
- The initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and outbound prospecting.
- Manage trade show leads and their respective qualifications.
- Manage a consumables forecast and implement strategies to address any gaps to plan.
- Establish and nurture positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product promotions and provide feedback on ROI.
- Maintain a CRM database via updates to sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data.
- Genetics, molecular biology, chemistry strongly preferred.
- MS. degree in molecular biology or a related field a strong plus.
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com