Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency. Over 135 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 2 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
Sales at Swiftly
Our Account Executive team is responsible for managing deals from generation to close for midmarket and enterprise prospective customers in the public transit industry.
At Swiftly, we work and win as a team. Our Account Executives are supported by BDRs and Solutions Engineers who will collaborate with you on account strategy and building effective business cases throughout the sales process. You will also be supported by a cross-functional, dedicated leadership team who will partner with you on critical deals and provide high-impact, 1:1 coaching.
The AE team at Swiftly cares deeply about the problem we’re solving. We’ve implemented a value-driven sales methodology to ensure we are solving for impact throughout the sales process. You will be trained on the SPICED methodology, which is utilized across our GTM teams, and provides a blueprint for achieving sales targets.
About the Role
As an Account Executive, you will be the CEO of your own slice of the business and responsible for overseeing a successful territory plan in your territory. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the situation and pain of our stakeholders, working with your Solutions Engineer to deliver valuable platform demos, presenting business cases with demonstrable ROI, and ultimately proving to decision makers that Swiftly will have an impact on their desired organization outcomes. Additionally, you will be responsible for guiding your clients through potential procurement pathways and leading Swiftly’s internal responses to public solicitations for your territory (with the support of our internal procurement team).
We are open to candidates in all locations across the U.S. as well as Ontario, Canada. East Coast location is highly preferred. At this time we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. #LI-Remote
What you’ll do
- Build and manage a territory strategy that builds a realistic plan towards quota achievement
- Prospect approximately 50-60% of your own pipeline by leveraging Salesforce CRM and Outreach.io. Tasks will include daily research, cold calling, sending email campaigns and using tools such as MarketEdge, ZoomInfo and LinkedIn.
- Conduct thorough discovery calls where you clearly identify the pain and needs of account stakeholders
- Demonstrate Swiftly’s ability to solve problems and deliver desired business outcomes
- Guide government agencies to approach old problems in new ways
- Work enterprise deals from discovery to close within a typical 6-18 month sales cycle
- Work with your opportunity contacts to identify budget and determine a procurement path
- Attend conferences and other events to deepen your industry knowledge and meet transit leaders
- Accurately identify risk within deals by using the SPICED methodology and work with your leadership, internal partners and executives to mitigate those risks
- Forecast deals appropriately using Swiftly’s forecast methodology
- Achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Contribute to the winning environment by committing to your own self development and supporting the development of your teammates.
- Our ideal Account Executive will have 4+ years of experience in SaaS sales (B2B/B2G). Experience in the public transportation industry or enterprise SLED highly preferred.
- 4+ years or more of SaaS sales experience, preferably with enterprise accounts
- Proven success in closing new logo opportunities
- Consistent track record of hitting goals
- Demonstrated, proven success in relationship building, pipeline management, prospecting, complex procurement mechanisms, contract negotiation and closing customers
- The ability to build positive relationships and influence. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
- Experience leveraging Salesforce, Outreach.io, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn and/or comparable tools
**FOR U.S. CANDIDATES ONLY:**
In accordance with pay transparency laws: the approximate salary range for this role is $126k to $225k OTE yearly (base salary + any variable comp). This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a multitude of non-discriminatory factors including final role leveling decisions, a candidate’s relevant work experiences/skills, and geographic location within the United States. Note: salary ranges for non-U.S. candidates may be higher or lower than the U.S. numbers above depending on location.
Salary is one component of Swiftly’s total compensation package, which also includes stock options, competitive benefits, 401(k) matching, a fantastic team and culture, opportunity to have a huge impact, emphasis on professional growth and holistic wellness, and other perks.
Beyond the Skills:
– We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
– Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
– Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
– Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
– Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
– Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
– Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
– Competitive salary
– Stock options for every employee
– Medical, Dental and Vision
– 401k with Employer Match
– Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
– Home office setup reimbursement
– Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
– Monthly “Be Well” stipend
– Flexible PTO with a required minimum
– Flexible work environment
– 16 paid holidays – including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2023
– 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Swiftly has adopted a mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Swiftly will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide Swiftly People Ops with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.
We are an equal opportunity employer – we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
– Why are you passionate about mobility?
– What interests you about Swiftly?