The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
About Yahoo Finance
At Yahoo Finance, we power experiences for millions of users globally every month and remain the clear leader in our category. Our systems scale to processing 5 billion market events per day from over 80 global exchanges. We are the largest business and financial information and tools app/site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights, tools and original editorial content. Under a new leadership team, we have recommitted to building and revitalizing this essential, trusted resource for investors and savers.
About Yahoo! Architecture Team:
We are looking for top technical leadership talent to help us balance the functionality, reliability, and scale of the systems that drive our global products. Architects are senior individual contributors who lead the technical direction of all phases of Yahoo!’s products and platforms. As such, an architect’s contributions make an impact across all levels of the organization.
- Work within the network of architects and management to determine the strategic direction of application architecture by providing cost benefit analysis backed with data
- Guide and mentor software engineering teams toward technical excellence
- Evangelize the technologies, solutions, and best practices developed within the organization
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 7+ years of technical leadership
- 10+ years of commercial software development
- Demonstrated track record of designing and building of large-scale systems
- Recent hands-on development of production code on large-scale systems
- Experience with systems that include various client applications across multiple platforms, particularly web, Android, and iOS
- Analytical skills: complexity, capacity, performance, quality, logistics, statistics, debugging
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS/MS in CS (or equivalent) preferred, PhD a plus
- Financial trading systems experience
- Understanding of stock market and financial systems
- Understanding of large-scale data processing technologies
- Expert in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration, and deployment architecture.
- Expertise in internet systems design and implementation (both textbook and war stories)
- Demonstrated leadership in technologies that are core to Yahoo’s products (distributed systems, cloud computing, batch and stream processing, indexing, various database types, web services, multi-tier serving architectures, machine learning, business intelligence, mobile devices, and communications protocols)
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $160,965.00 – $349,885.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.