It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us:
The consumer architecture team focuses on defining the technical strategy for all our consumer facing products like Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Search, Yahoo Finance, Sports and News. It’s a team of highly skilled, experienced and senior technologists who are experts in building internet scale applications right from the backend infrastructure to mobile applications. You’ll be part of a team of a small core of architects that have an outsized impact on Yahoo’s business. We value people who are innovative, believe in teamwork, challenge the status quo, have an open mindset, willing to learn and grow.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the data architecture of Yahoo and its businesses by creating a blueprint for how data will be stored, accessed, and used across the organization to support business goals and objectives
- Establish and maintain data standards, policies, and procedures to ensure that all data is managed consistently across the organization
- Collaborate across disciplines, with stakeholders across organizations to identify internal/external data sources to design and implement data products, ETL strategy, automation frameworks and scalable data pipelines.
- Evaluate new data technologies, tools, and techniques. This includes keeping up-to-date with emerging trends in data management and staying informed about industry best practices.
- Work with the business and product teams and conduct research to support ongoing innovations, optimal solutions and strategic opportunities.
- Collaborate with CTO, CDO, executives, and fellow architects and engineers to define Yahoo’s strategic data platforms and systems roadmap.
A Lot About You:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields, with 10+ years experience in software development
- Extensive experience building and driving enterprise level data architecture across sophisticated platforms and systems
- Expertise and/or understanding of public cloud technologies – AWS or GCP
- Understanding of AI/ML platforms and data requirements to facilitate development of AI/ML models
- Successful track record of architecting, designing, and implementing complex, loosely coupled, scalable, and secure software and systems
- Experience in either a consumer media company or within an ad tech publisher platform at scale
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $180,310.00 – $392,430.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.