Super provides access for everyone to experience more of what life has to offer, whatever their income or circumstance.
We solve real-world problems in fintech, travel, and eCommerce as we help our millions of customers spend less and save more. We have raised over $100MM to date and have driven over $1B in sales since the release of our first product (SuperTravel) in 2016. Our growth and impact are a testament to the work and dedication of our 200+ person team around the world.
We are constantly innovating, building, and iterating. We use data to help us move fast and make decisions. We have an open and transparent culture where everyone has access to information empowering them to be an owner. We are all one team and you will find everyone here is willing to help each other work towards a common goal. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein Fazal on Super’s Core Values.
Employee well-being is a top priority. Whether it’s access to physical/mental health services, competitive compensation, unlimited vacation, or our remote-first work environment – we provide flexible benefits that reflect our employee-first culture and our commitment to a healthy work-life integration.
For highly motivated self-starters, Super accelerates your career growth and unlocks your potential through the people, work, and programs it has to offer. Come join us to make an impact in your career and in the world.
About the Role:
We are looking for a VP of Product (“Head of Product”) to lead and grow our 20-person Product Management and Product Design teams. Reporting directly to the Co-Founder and CTO/COO, this is among the highest-impact roles in the organization – our success or failure will come on the strength of our products, the solutions they provide for customers, and the ability for us to get products in the hands of customers.
Working with other key members of the leadership team, you’ll help turn the company vision and mission into reality through researching, ideating, implementing, launching, and iterating on new and existing products in the context of the strategic objectives of the company. With your team of product managers, program managers, product owners, designers and user researches, you will help define the product vision, roadmap and org structure, while continually actualizing against the company’s mission to help customers get more of what life has to offer, regardless of their income or circumstance.
Historically, the company focused on its low-frequency, lower retention, and higher-intent travel product. With the launch of new business lines, we are transitioning low-frequency product to a daily and weekly-use products, we need to reimagine how our customers engage with us, and deliver a unified product experience that will retain and excite customers across our verticals (travel, shopping, fintech), while always focusing on the problems they need to address.
- Product Vision: You will define the future state of Super will be from a product viewpoint. You will translate the company mission into a clear product vision, especially as it applies to unifying distinct products/line of businesses into one seamless product experience
- Product Strategy: You will define the product strategy for the organization in a holistic product<>market<>channel<>model fit view. You will guide us in where to invest to add the most value for our customers and the business. You will own and maintain the company’s product roadmap
- Actualization: You will structure the Product and Design teams and drive actualization against the product roadmap and their OKRs, directing the team to find a solution to problems in data-driven and creative ways. You will collaborate cross-functionally with other functional leads (Engineering, Data, etc) to ensure we ship products faster and that are more feature-rich and error-free
- Business Outcome Ownership: You will connect product functionality and metrics to the strategic objectives of the company overall. You will align performance to the company’s north stars, and balance the company’s revenue objectives with investment in more strategic and longer-term product development. You will get buy-in from other leaders in what we do and how it will grow the business
- People Management & Leadership: You will lead and mentor the PM/Design Organization with the goal of enabling them to successfully deliver on their product areas, provide thought leadership to help them when facing obstacles, and invest in their continuous improvement and career growth
- Customer-Centric Culture: You will champion a culture of obsession for our underserved customers throughout the organization and always call into question our assumptions and biases in the context of what our underserved customers want and need. You will generate user research, journeys, personas, cohorts and more to complete the customer picture. You will have a deep understanding of the markets in which we operate
- Data-Driven Culture: You have a broad and deep understanding of the metrics that drive the business and use that understanding to guide the product strategy. You create a data-centric product culture that understands how to translate test results and product insights into a causal understanding of the levers that drive the business and uses that understanding to build impactful products
- You have 4+ years of experience in a senior Product Leadership role guiding a team of 10+ Product folks – preferably in a fast-moving B2C company with 1M+ users
- You have built and owned product roadmaps for both the longer term (strategic) and short term (tactical)
- You have worked on large scale consumer-facing products with a strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, cohort analytics, experimentation, and user research/insights – ideally in one of e-commerce or fintech
- You thrive in ambiguity and constantly call into question assumptions and biases and can motivate teams to do the same
- You are excited by formal product techniques, frameworks, and analytical methods
- You have an entrepreneurial, get-stuff-done mindset and are not afraid to take measured risks backed by data and strong hypotheses
- You have a growth mindset, humility, and can own your domain and your work. You always seek to up-level yourself and the organization
- You have great written and verbal communication and can successfully spread product thinking throughout the organization
- You have a flexible operating range and can easily adapt from high level product strategy to digging deep in any specific problem to drive the business forward. You can go deep (or direct a team to go deep) on a problem, uncover clues and find pockets of opportunity anywhere / everywhere, even when they aren’t always obvious
- You like to ask hard questions, validate their assumptions, and make sure the dots connect to goals
- You seek your own improvement and growth, and you believe both you and the organization you work for can always get better
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy rewards, and travel discounts using SuperTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development – we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.