nZero is a 24/7 data dashboard that gives companies, communities, and other organizations the accurate emissions data they need to make smart decisions that benefit the health of the planet. Unlike other carbon management offerings that rely on third-party data and opaque averages, nZero gathers accurate, first-party, contextual data into a comprehensive view, making it simple for organizations to pinpoint energy opportunities within their operations, easily implement carbon reduction actions, and spend smarter along the way.
nZero’s growing team has deep expertise in energy policy, human-centered design, fintech, and data science. We are a passionate, semi-distributed team collaborating in an agile process—pairing developers, designers, and product owners to build products that meet our customers’ core needs.
We are looking for a Jr. to Mid-level Designer with strong visual communication skills, to grow with nZero as we scale up design across the organization. As a Designer for brand and marketing, you’ll leverage visual design skills to support the Marketing team with deliverables such as decks, one-sheets, whitepapers, case studies, paid/organic social visuals, and event graphics.
You’ll play a key role in keeping the team on brand by supporting Marketing and Sales with day-to-day tasks. You’ll work closely with the Design Director and the Marketing team to help simplify some of these complex processes to be digestible to a variety of audiences.
- Leverage your visual design skills to deliver consistent and cohesive design across various projects and timelines while keeping the integrity of the brand
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the organization to align on project goals, clearly communicate design choices, and incorporate feedback
- Create design solutions for a range of channels and audiences: paid/organic social, email, digital/print ads, decks, digital marketing design, and some web design
- Contribute to building nZero’s evolving brandIntegrate with nZero’s agile team and complex domain, while contributing your perspective to the way we tackle problems in the energy and sustainability space
- Please include a link to your portfolio in your application and/or resume
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative SuiteExcellent visual communication design skills
- Ability to empathize from a customer’s perspectiveCan clearly present ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- A generative approach to design and comfort with ambiguity
- A collaborative spirit and ability to make others successfulStrong attention to detail and willingness to learn a new, complex domain Job location somewhat negotiable; will require some travel
Bonus skills & qualities
- Print design experienceIllustration
- Motion graphics
- Passion for sustainability and learning more about complex energy sectors
- Humility, and a curiosity to experiment and learn new things
A real, genuine human will review your application upon submission. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.