We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Design team
Our Design team is committed to creating industry-leading product experiences that help Karat deliver on its purpose of unlocking opportunity.
What you will do
As a UX Researcher at Karat, you’ll discern and present insights derived from a range of customers who use our platform to assist the evolution of our product offering. From generative ideation to evaluative studies — within the design process and in-market — you’ll play a pivotal role in evolving our product portfolio and overall service.
- Help shape strategic direction through foundational research initiatives and collaboration with product designers, engineering leads, product management, and business stakeholders.
- Team with Product Managers to prioritize high risk product questions to perform applied research, communicate results and recommendations, advocating on behalf of our users.
- Design formative research studies, guiding prototype fidelity and determining research methods based on the context of user scenarios and design hypotheses.
- Manage projects end-to-end—develop scripts and screeners; observe, moderate and interview; analyze behavioral patterns, synthesize data; present findings and deliver results.
The experience you will bring
- 6+ years of experience in user experience-related work
- 4+ years of experience in applied product research with demonstrated impact
- Demonstrated experience across the full evaluative research toolkit, including quantitative follow-up studies
- Strong empathy, optimism and active listening when collaborating closely with other disciplines, partners and users
- Strong attention to detail, curiosity, and situational ownership
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.).
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karat is an E-Verify company.