WHO WE ARE
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
Our organization is made up of 80+ people (and growing!). We’re organized into cross-functional teams that operate independently in alignment with the broader organizational goals.
In this role, you will design, lead, and analyze research studies across our user base. You will work with agency across departments and in concert with our design, product management, engineering, marketing, customer support, and outreach teams on end-to-end projects.
Your manager will be your coach, supporting your professional growth while you contribute to the excellence and advancement of our platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with product management, design, engineering, marketing, and outreach teams to identify research topics.
- Design and execute a variety of research studies. These may include early discovery, usability, persona and journey map development, surveys and polls, and more.
- Generate and communicate insights across the organization in thoughtful and compelling ways. (i.e., writing and presenting findings).
- Conduct research using both qualitative (such as usability studies and interviews) and quantitative methods (such as surveys).
- Help build UX research best practices and tools with a focus on inclusivity and accessibility.
- Act as an advocate for all users.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience working with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data from qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Research and design practices that actively center diversity and inclusion.
- Strong storytelling skills and the ability to turn complex ideas into simple but impactful and thoughtful narratives.
- Curiosity-based mindset with a focus on user needs.
- Effective time management skills.
- Comfort collaborating with a remote, distributed team of cross-functional colleagues.
- An inclusive, generous working style. You like to collaborate and elevate your team by supporting your peers.
NICE TO HAVE (BUT NOT REQUIRED)
- A passion for, or background in, workshop facilitation.
- Previous experience in politics or nonprofits, either as a staff member or as a volunteer.
- Previous experience in financial products or e-commerce.
- Experience doing research around a product that is a two-sided marketplace.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $113k- $140k ActBlue is committed to consistent compensation practices across our organization. Final salary offers will take into account factors such as candidate experience, interview performance and current team salary parity.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families; plus fully paid short-term disability, long-term disability and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits for employees.
- Automatic 2% Employer-paid 401K contribution, plus up to an additional 6% match on employee contributions.
- A minimum of three months paid medical, family and parental leave (for all new parents, adoptions included).
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.
OUR RESEARCH PRINCIPLES
We believe that building equitable relationships with our users and colleagues is critical to ActBlue’s core value of practicing curiosity.
As researchers, we:
- Foster relationships.
- Include everybody.
- Spark curiosity.
- Remain open and empathetic.
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- Security is at the center of everything we do. We are always on the lookout for ways to further harden our platform.
- We know that code isn’t just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- We believe that being correct isn’t enough; respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.