We’re a Google-owned experiential VR game company looking to grow our Owls (employees!) and would love a detail-oriented and self-motivated person to join us!
Owls in this remote position will lead and deploy robust processes around product, feature, and patch releases across multiple platforms.
At Owlchemy Labs our Owls enjoy such benefits as actual work/life balance, personal growth, and learning opportunities. We also have some really cool company events that are indicative of our culture such as HappyOwler and Lego Build Parties!
- Launch product, feature, and patch releases across multiple platforms
- Build and maintain documentation of best practices for release platforms
- Communicate with platform partners as required to ensure we stay up to date and in good standing
- Work with the production team to assist in managing feature and product releases
- Develop performant cross-platform code for targeted platforms
- Develop tools to assist with cross-platform development and deployment
- Maintain build systems deployed using continuous integration
- Generate and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Take ownership of tasks and authored systems, including maintaining documentation and providing technical and design leadership
- Collaborate with QA to provide technical details and tools relevant for testing
- Identify technical risks and possible mitigation strategies when developing complex systems
- Keep up to date on the latest in Unity and VR platforms
- Deep knowledge of C# and Unity
- Clear and proactive communicator
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of related experience
- Has deployed a game or application to one or more platforms
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Cross/Multi-platform development experience
- Production experience (managing and maintaining lists of deliverables, timelines, and any alterations thereof over the course of development)
- Appreciation of puns (or at least the ability to groan at them)
- Owls must be able to use virtual reality headsets but are not expected to own one.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a remote full-time, 40-hours per week position. Core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m Central Time.
For Owls working outside of the Austin, TX area, travel to Austin may be required 4 to 6 times per year. Additionally, we typically encourage owls to attend a conference annually for personal growth and development.
We care about creating “VR for Everyone” – and that includes creating a welcoming workplace for everyone.
Owlchemy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Skills and Responsibilities:
This job description doesn’t cover or contain a comprehensive listing of everything you might do at Owlchemy. As a small team of wildly talented individuals, we encourage career growth, exploration, and the wearing of many hats. As such, roles and responsibilities are collaborative and may change or evolve over time based on our needs and your particular skill set.
- 20 days of vacation to start
- Unlimited sick days
- School loan repayment assistance
- New parent benefits
- Health Care
- Retirement Plan
- Relocation Assistance (should you want to move to Austin, TX!)