Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or an option for company-paid access to any WeWork office, from any location in the United States or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
As Technology Solutions Lead for Fundrise Real Estate, you will oversee the selection, integration, and maintenance of the suite of business software applications that support the growth and operational excellence of Fundrise’s real estate investment arm.
You will help drive innovative solutions, lead procurement and integration of new systems, enhance existing capabilities, and help transform the technology to manage the company’s real estate assets. You will have an opportunity to join an established, growing team where surfacing accurate information at the right time is critical to the success of the organization. In this role, you will combine your communication, prioritization, and execution skills , with strategic sensibility and a passion for being customer-obsessed. Your goal will be to build trust with your stakeholders and deliver a suite of enterprise technology solutions befitting a top-25 real estate investor that scales as we grow to a top-5 firm over the next few years.
- Work with product and real estate leadership to develop a high-level vision and roadmap for a world-class information systems function to serve the Fundrise real estate portfolio
- Participate in “build vs buy” evaluations of solutions to expanding our technology capabilities, to include performing detailed and thorough analysis of enterprise systems’ capabilities, shortcomings, implementation and maintenance costs
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business problems and needs, then help define business requirements, design, prototype, implement, test, and deploy capabilities both from the backlog and current projects list
- Work closely with product and engineering to ensure relatively frictionless two-way sharing of data between enterprise systems that you administer and Fundrise’s proprietary asset management software
- Establish and maintain an open, effective line of communication with the rest of the organization as to the status of in-progress builds, as well as outages / downtime and bug fixes
- Ultimately be accountable to delivering enterprise software solutions to our real estate team that enable us to grow into being a top-5 US real estate investor within the next five years
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, or related field
- 6+ years of experience selecting, implementing and overseeing enterprise technology solutions at high growth companies (Salesforce experience preferred but not required)
- In-depth knowledge of data sharing protocols, XML/XSLT, APIs, Web services, JSON formats and using custom code to enhance system integrations or work around 3rd party product limitations
- Experience in data modeling, integrating data with other information systems, and implementing data quality checks
- Basic familiarity with UI/UX prototyping either having done it yourself or worked with a designer
- Demonstrated success as a project manager having brought together diverse stakeholder groups and delivered solutions that meaningfully improved business outcomes
- Comfortable in a fast-changing environment with an ability to adapt as needed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, taking initiative and/or lead role as necessary
- Experience in the real estate or financial services industries a plus but not required
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave