Riverbed transforms data into actionable insights and accelerates performance so organizations can deliver a seamless digital experience and drive enterprise performance. Riverbed is the only company with the collective richness of telemetry from network to app to end user, that illuminates and then accelerates every digital interaction. Riverbed offers two industry-leading portfolios: Alluvio by Riverbed, a differentiated Unified Observability portfolio that unifies data, insights, and actions across IT, so customers can deliver seamless, secure digital experiences; and Riverbed Acceleration, providing fast, agile, secure acceleration of any app, over any network, to users anywhere.
Together with our thousands of partners, and market-leading customers globally – including 95% of the FORTUNE 100 –, we empower every click, every digital experience.
About this Position
Job Title: Technical Writer
Location Preference: Durham NC; Champaign IL
- Write hardware and software documentation for networking products, including installation and configuration guides, command-line reference manuals, user guides, and online help.
- Work with engineers, QA, and Support to research and obtain highly technical information and incorporate it into documentation.
- Manage projects by preparing project plans and schedules, meeting assigned deliverables, closely tracking projects to identify and remove roadblocks, and escalate issues as needed.
- Follow Technical Publications department style and usage guidelines.
- Create context-sensitive online help.
- Create and update appliance illustrations using Adobe Illustrator.
The most successful candidates will possess:
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Experience with HTML and online help systems using single sourcing.
- Experience in documenting networking, cloud, and virtualization products.
- Knowledge of LINUX based systems.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion or GIT.
- Experience with product development software for Agile environments.
- Experience updating appliance illustrations using Adobe Illustrator.
- Prefer experience creating 3D appliance illustrations from stp files using SolidWorks or other 3D CAD design software.
- Experience documenting CLIs.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical information using multiple resources such as Confluence, Jira, and AHa!.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to project multiple projects with short release cycles.
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse staff.
- Ability to identify and communicate risks before they affect project deadlines or deliverable quality.
- Writing samples demonstrating a clear and effective style, relative to networking software.
- Familiarity with FrameMaker and WebWorks ePublisher.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira.
- Experience creating appliance illustrations using Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with HTML.
- Experience with online help projects using single sourcing.
- Substantial experience writing for technical audiences.
- Five years’ experience as a technical writer.
Why Join Riverbed
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
As a government contractor, Riverbed is required to ensure that all of its U.S. employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a legal exemption applies. As a result, all Riverbed job offers are expressly conditioned on an individual being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or prior to their start date and providing proof of such vaccination unless the individual is legally exempt.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table.
Check us out on: