Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Technical Support Engineer at Aurora Solar, you will ensure our customers are set up for success by answering product questions, advising best practices, and assisting with any technical hurdles that arise. You will also influence our product design and direction by relaying customer requests back to our Engineering and Management teams. If you enjoy working with people and geeking out about the technical and business aspects of the solar industry, we would love to hear from you!
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Reply to inbound customer inquiries and reported issues through our ticketing system
- Identify and troubleshoot bugs (and escalate to the next-level team if necessary)
- Contribute towards our internal and client-facing support documentation
- Conduct screen share sessions with customers to troubleshoot issues they encounter while using the product and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem
- Be part of an on-call rotation for incident/unplanned outage communications for our customers
What we value:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years or more of relevant experience in a customer support role
- Experience with some sort of 3D Design or Modeling platform
- Demonstrated interest in solar technology
- Experience building out and managing a support style-guide
- Passion for improving procedures, documentation, and efficiency
- Knowledge of JIRA or Zendesk
- Experience in a startup environment
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of solar finance options is a plus