Woven Planet is building mobility for a safer, happier and sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota’s legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people from cars to smart cities.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy and elevate well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
To support our endeavors, we’re looking to grow our Technical Program Management (TPM) team to help clarify, align and steer engineering resources through key checkpoints to get there.
As a TPM, you will be able work on the most exciting and challenging mapping products around. We are looking for someone who loves diving deep into complex technical projects and creating order. You will get the opportunity to help define how we effectively report our progress to executives and be part of a great team working to create Autonomous Driving maps for the world.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- Analyze, plan and develop templates and standards in reference to planning documents.
- Ensure team members are actively working toward established milestones and metrics.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Develop clear, concise documentation and reports for senior executives to show how our progress aligns with our overarching strategic objectives.
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following (required)
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience Technical Program Management and Engineering or Product Management experience.
- You have at least two years of software engineering, data science, or systems engineering experience.
- You have proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
- You possess analytical, computer, math and problem-solving skills that enhance your understanding of our products.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills – including the development/delivery of executive presentations.
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- You have previously been a software engineer.
- You have experienced building and delivering global scale mapping products.
Benefits & Perks:
We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
Attractive cash compensation package
Competitive compensation package
Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
Backup child/elder care
Monthly home office stipend
Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle, NYC or San Francisco areas are strongly preferred.*
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.