At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the role:
Vercel is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our engineering team!
The Technical Program Management team is about leading complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects from start to finish. This growing team is needed to allow Vercel to succeed in the years to come. If you are a patient, compassionate leader who loves delivering products that enable developers to do their best work, then we would like to hear from you!
What You Will Do:
- Drive complex technical projects through all product development stages
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, lead project schedules and dependencies
- Prioritize deliverables and milestones across all components of a project to align with company goals
- Integrate in developer community and feel comfortable discussing issues, designs, technical tradeoffs and solutions
- Empower Engineering and Product to innovate, and deliver
- Instill best practices for software processes and documentation
- Communicate clearly and frequently, technically and non-technically to a variety of audiences
- Work seamlessly with a global, distributed team spread across many time zones
- 5 years of experience in program management, designing and implementing processes
- Extensive experience driving the life span of technical projects or technical products
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex projects with high attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with modern web development practices
- Experience with incident management processes
- Strong technical background. Familiarity with Networking Ingress/Egress, TCP/IP, HTTP, TypeScript, AWS, Node.js, Terraform, Go, Rust, Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team
- You are located in the United States
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Inclusive Healthcare Package.
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe.
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills.
- Unlimited vacation policy – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you with the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $179,000.00 – $266,000.00. This salary range is an estimate, and actual salary may vary based on the company’s compensation practices, location, and candidate experience. The total compensation package may also include benefits and equity-based compensation.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.