Liquibase is a thriving Open Source community with 75 million downloads and growing. We are looking for a Technical Product Marketing Manager to help craft innovative demonstrations and tell our story as more and more users adopt Liquibase to solve their database change and release process. You’ll work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to bring focus to the problems that Liquibase solves and the benefits it provides to database services teams around the world. You’ll help refine messaging and go-to-market strategies to meet modern development teams where they are and address their specific needs at each stage of their DevOps journey.
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the intersection of DevOps and Databases. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys technology and creating clear and concise content to enable understanding and adoption
- Can tell a compelling story and help others do the same through the delivery of videos, slide decks, demos, etc.
- Experienced guiding and enabling Sales with consistent and clear messaging
- Data-driven in uncovering key insights and making decisions
- Organized, scrappy, and execution-oriented
- Knowledgeable about DevOps and Databases
- An excellent communicator and presenter
What you’ll do:
- Create simple, accurate, polished content that’s easy to understand, explaining to development teams how Liquibase solves their problems and how’ll they’ll benefit by using the software
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Product, Documentation, and Sales to create blogs, slide decks, demos, videos, technical white papers, etc. aligned with go-to-market initiatives
- Deliver technical content and messaging updates that align with product releases
- Understand key competitors and convey differentiated value in technical content
- Build an understanding of the DevOps ecosystems and how Liquibase works within them
- Work with sales and support to create content to help train and onboard users, gather regular feedback and shared learnings, and iterate on existing content and the creation of new content in support of sales processes
- Contribute to our product prioritization efforts as we build out our product-led growth strategy
Your background and skill set:
- 6+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Solutions Engineering, or other technical demonstration roles
- Experience demonstrating, explaining, or promoting DevOps/developer tools
- Technology expertise is required in several of the following areas: Database management, DevOps workflows, Cloud, Source control, build tools, release deployment automation
- Ability to write strong, effective technical content (white papers, technical briefs, blogs, presentations, etc.) for external audiences with a balance of technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging.
- Creative thinker, self-motivated, hands-on, and results-oriented
- Strong analytical and communication skills, a natural team player
- Owner mind-set. Eager to work in an agile, start-up environment to hit goals with growth and scalability in mind
- A Bachelor’s degree OR relevant experience is required.
We are Liquibase
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 45 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
Perks of life at Liquibase:
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
- Remote First culture, potential for company-wide in person gatherings
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401K matching (US-only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture provides every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- You get to work on new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- You gain insight into how some of the world’s largest brands manage software teams and releases.