Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
As a Technical Product Manager at Jama Software, you will lead the product strategy for how we win in the market, prioritization on what gets built, and decisions on when we’re done. Because we’re building a SaaS platform in a fast-growing company, product management here is a collaborative activity; you’ll own long-running product initiatives but share ownership of the product. To that end, you will create and manage the business constraints for your initiatives, you’ll have opinions on where we should be taking the product from a business value and user value perspective, you’ll keep teams adequately supplied with a healthy, well-defined backlog, and you’ll build trust with your collaborators by being direct, open, and honest about what you will and will not deliver.
You’ll partner with our architecture team and contribute directly to a critical area of our product roadmap to help define our integration strategy and bring new integration capabilities to market. You’ll work closely with Product Marketing, Engineering, Business Development, and Customer Success to shape and support the business needs of our customers in regulated and unregulated industries.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the architecture team in the continued evolution of the Connect platform and deployment strategies.
- Focus on performance and scale initiatives.
- Subject matter expert and product expert of the Jama Software API and 3rd party integrations.
- Ongoing management of client API integrations and pipelines.
- Ownership of API documentation (ie – developer’s site).
- Deep understanding of client needs and market trends, through client interaction and other market research.
- Lead the product strategy and roadmap for Jama Software product offerings for first-party integrations.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 5 years in a product management position or led in a technical role, preferably in enterprise software with demonstrated success managing products and teams.
- Experience working iteratively in an agile or lean environment, and able to break down large problems into smaller valuable increments.
- Demonstrated, measurable success in launching and managing innovative products or product features to drive customer delight and revenue growth.
- Experience working self-directed, within a fast-paced environment – individually, in small teams, or across functional groups.
- Experience partnering with architecture and technical leads to evaluate and communicate design and migration decisions as it applies to customers.
- Deep understanding of technical integrations between SaaS tools – familiarity with large data movement a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work with diverse roles across the company and with customers.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, taking initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem-solving.
Nice to Have:
- Product Management certification (Pragmatic Institute or other).
- Domain experience in systems engineering, particularly in regulated industries is a plus, our customers build life-critical hardware/software systems.
- Experience with cloud applications deployed and maintained by customers in their own cloud environments.
Perks and Benefits:
- Virtual first and culturally diverse work environment spanning 8 countries.
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions.
- Flexible time off and leave programs crafted to meet the needs for your rejuvenation and extra support to cope with life events with a quarterly $75 wellness reimbursement.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans with pre-tax savings accounts and a generous 401(k) employer match.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave to bond with your new family member.
- Emphasis on learning and development at all levels with a subscription to LinkedIn Learning.
If you get to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Jama Software’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.