We are seeking a Tech Lead to join our Machine Learning team. You’re the perfect fit for this role if you are passionate about solving Computer Vision (CV) problems, have a great appreciation for science and want to transform how it is done. To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable leading the development of creative solutions while being results-oriented, honest and fast to act.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US and the UK for this position.
- Improve the performance and scalability of ML models that are at the core of BenchSci’s products
- Lead and provide technical direction for BenchSci’s ML team Push the envelope of research in CV
- Investigate what technologies will best enable BenchSci to generate use cases
- Work with BenchSci’s Chief Science Officer and Director of ML to correctly capture the nuances of biology and the CV field
- Advocate for code and process improvements across your team, and help to define best practices based on personal industry experience and research
- Participate in sprint planning, estimation and reviews. Take ownership of deliverables, and work with teammates to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Experience productionalizing ML models
- 2+ years of tech lead experience
- Experience with CV models (such as YOLO, RCNN, EfficientNET, Vision Transformer, etc)
- Experience with CV subjects (OCR, Semantic segmentation, etc.)
- A degree in computer science with a focus on machine learning, or at least two years of experience in the industry or data science competitions
- Experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow, and image processing libraries (both modern and deep learning-based and conventional ones such as OpenCV and scikit-image)
- Experience with data processing frameworks
- A constant desire to develop
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.