About the role
As a Technical Customer Success Manager, you’ll help onboard customers and ensure they’re getting value out of the product. You’ll report to the Senior Manager of Customer Success. We’re a small team, which means there’s a lot of opportunity to help shape the way we work.
Day-to-day, you’ll be a key player and a trusted advisor to our customers throughout their journey by creating success plans and helping them adopt our product and achieve their objectives. You will partner with our Account Executives on renewals and expansions, and advocate for FireHydrant’s customers, guiding them along a path of success to accelerate value realization. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to have a big impact on our business and customers.
What you’ll be working on
- Manage all aspects of customer retention, including driving resolution of customer concerns and proactively mitigating risk/churn
- Build relationships with technical stakeholders and manage a moderately complex account load
- Own customer lifecycle from onboarding through product adoption and facilitate the implementation of recommendations provided to customers
- Work with our Customer Success Managers to make sure customers are on track and gaining substantial value from FireHydrant
- Participate in the integration of FireHydrant products, scoping and architecting solutions for our customers
- Identifying opportunities to develop new training materials designed to ensure successful customer onboarding and support business-wide adoption.
- Partnering with the product team to understand customer needs and influence the direction of the product.
- Identifying opportunities to build and improve internal processes and systems that scale.
- Consulting our customers on industry best practices and tips for using the product in more effective ways.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional communication with customers on a regular and timely basis via email, slack channels, and/or ticket interactions.
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency in leading and facilitating technical design/scoping workshops with customers
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Understanding of ITIL
- Background owning incident command or product escalation
- An understanding of enterprise SaaS and the relationship to freemium models and product led growth selling motion
- Experience working with cross-functional partners across the Sales, Marketing, and Product teams
- Bonus points for: familiarity with CI/CD practices
What to expect
- In your first 30 Days
- You’ll become familiar with our product and customer lifecycle and be able to speak with customers about our product.
- In your first 3 months
- You’ll be owning customer accounts, collaborating with Account Executives and Solution Engineers, and onboarding new customers.
- In your first 6 months
- You’ll be contributing to the overall customer experience and customer success operation, as well as mentoring other team members on the CS function.
- By the end of your first year
- In one year, you’ll be knowledgeable in the incident management space running a book of business with strong customer relationships.
FireHydrant is building the only platform focused on site reliability. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so companies can take control of their complex system, reduce downtime for their customers, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, with our physical headquarters in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contributions regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity, and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
- FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is 135,000 depending on leveling.
- FireHydrant requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations provided based on medical need or religious belief.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.