At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for a Technical Consultant to assist our Enterprise customers with technical problems and questions when using Vercel products and services. Reporting to the Manager of Technical Consulting, the Technical Consultant will be responsible for informing and training clients in the product’s proper use to enhance the customer experience and improve satisfaction.
Technical Consultants need to earn our customers’ trust and understand technical problems quickly. You will play a major part in the post-sales process and Enterprise customer journey. Expertise in the technical elements of the product and clarity of instruction are important competencies in this position. Success in this role will be demonstrated through improvements in the retention of Enterprise customers by delivering key technical insights and evaluations to ensure success both at launch and scale.
You have a background in frontend development, enjoy technical writing, and have a passion for digging deep to find and resolve issues. You are excited about the opportunity to involve yourself with the technical evolution of both global brands and new start-ups.
The Technical Consultant will help establish our reputation as a company that is exceptional at helping its customers meet their goals throughout all parts of the customer journey while engineering solutions to constantly improve the customer experience.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure that Enterprise customers are receiving and understanding the value of the platform.
- Provide product expertise and strategic consultation during the Enterprise customer journey.
- Provide training sessions to Enterprise customers.
- Attend onboarding and pre-production calls as a technical authority.
- Know the Vercel platform and Next.js framework inside and out, learning daily.
- Work with other members of CS to provide assistance both internally and externally.
- Develop close partnerships with the CSM team to understand customers’ goals.
- Work with external engineering and infrastructure teams to convey product gaps and needs.
- Ensure customers have immediate concerns resolved but with a long-term outlook.
- Specialize in a few product areas and own that within the team.
- Improving existing, and identifying new, internal documentation, processes and policies.
- Assist and coordinate with Customer Success Managers with Enterprise requests.
- You lead by example and develop more junior members of the team.
- You understand modern web architecture, frontend development, and serverless computing.
- You are experienced with incident management and procedure.
- You are comfortable working with a fully remote, globally distributed team.
- You have a passion to deliver a customer experience second to none.
- Availability to work within a weekend and on-call rotation.
- 3+ years experience in a customer success, sales, or onboarding/implementation role at a SaaS company.
- 5+ years experience with front-end web development using React in a production setting.
Bonus if You:
- Have experience using Next.js.
- Have experience supporting backend runtime environments, especially Node.js.
- Have experience with CDNs and a good understanding of caching techniques.
- Work with monorepos and/or custom, complex CI/CD pipelines.
- Thoroughly understand DNS and can explain this clearly to others.
- Stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA OTE pay range for this role is $135,000 – $186,000. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.