Starting: 17th September 2021
Length: 6 months
Salary: $22,000-$24,500 for 6 months
NOTE: Candidates must be 18-30, and a Canadian Citizen, Resident or Refugee as per the subsidy requirements
Potential opportunity for full time work in the future
Taonga is an early-stage tech startup in the privacy and security space. We believe people deserve more control and transparency over who can access their personal information, like their passport, tax documents or will. We’re building a privacy-by-design digital vault that prioritizes the customers ability to store, manage and share their data easily.
We are currently a bootstrapped startup, have a strong community of enthusiastic beta users and have a lot of exciting features to work on. We’re on a mission to build a better tomorrow and let people take back control of their personal documents. Come join us!
Why This Role Is Exciting
We’re looking for a Growth Intern to join the team and build and execute on growth and sales for Taonga. You will have a direct impact on shaping our sales strategy, work directly with the founder and marketing teams, and help define our company culture.
In this role, you will:
- Set up a sales engine using a series of tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach/SalesLoft, Hubspot, Gong and others)
- Work closely with the Marketing team to make sure their efforts are aligned with our goal to increase brand awareness, attract and capture qualified leads
- Work closely with the founder to make sure their processes (outreach and deal closing) are optimized and yield the best potential results
- Select, set up and manage any consultants, agencies or tools aimed at generating leads when needed
- Create or work with partners to create and optimize paid ads
- Identify and execute marketing projects to help Taonga keep growing
- Evaluate the performance of your efforts on a regular basis, creating insight reports to share with the team
- Conduct internal and external research about Taonga’s client characteristics and target audience behaviour, demographics, and interests, continuously iterate
A good applicant has:
Social Media experience – a strong interest and understanding of how Social Media works
Strategy intrigue – a desire to dive into numbers, analyze what is and isn’t working, and build a strategy to increase awareness and share our story
Strong communicator – we are a remote-first company and rely on clear communication to build a strong company culture and product
Mentorship mindset – we believe in putting ego aside, and creating a strong culture that allows mentorship across all members
Customer obsession – we value customer feedback and strive to understand customer needs as we keep building
Comfort with ambiguity – we are in beta, and expect to evolve our product roadmap and GTM strategies over the year
We shall contact applicants on a rolling basis starting
Step 1: Video call with Aashni Shah, CEO
Step 2: Reference Check
Step 3: Offer
Step 4: Join the team and start making an impact!
Our commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity
Our founder, Aashni, is on a personal mission to build a better tomorrow. One of her priorities is to ensure Taonga embraces diversity and treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like to work on interesting problems, enjoy making an impact and love programming, we think you’d be really happy here! Come say hello!