Edquity is technology company focused on alleviating poverty and redesigning the safety net to provide cash for all Americans in need. Edquity does this in higher education, where we streamline access to emergency aid for college students, and in partnership with state and municipal government, where we create a fast and equitable infrastructure to administer cash benefits to the individuals who need it most. Our methodology harnesses the collective power of sociology, behavioral science, and technology to address common pitfalls, including racial bias, inefficiency, compliance risk, and lack of transparency and monitoring. To date, Edquity has administered over $100 million in government funding to more than 100,000 recipients and has demonstrated that we improve key societal outcomes, such as graduation rate, by as much as 2x.
The organization has raised over $8M in funding and is scaling rapidly, so that we can administer hundreds of millions in emergency cash assistance to students and low-income Americans in need
To help us grow to support hundreds of thousands of college students across the country, Edquity is seeking a part-time Student Support Representative to join the Partner & Student Success team. This position is a vital, student-facing role at Edquity, and is ultimately responsible for making college students using the Edquity product feel heard and cared for, and helping them access the tools and information they need to improve their financial security. This role will work closely with the VP of Partner Development & Success and our current Student Support Representatives. In addition to supporting students, this role will also have some responsibility for appropriately interacting with practitioners at various Edquity college partners to ensure students are fully provided for and set up for success. This is a part-time role with an anticipated schedule of Sundays from 10am – 6pm EST and Tuesdays & Thursday from 1pm – 9pm EST. This role will also have the potential to pick up additional coverage shifts and may be eligible to transition to a full-time role in the future.
- Provide support to students, which includes real-time conversations via live chat, email, and telephone.
- Triage support tickets in a timely manner while effectively prioritizing customer needs and also managing the escalation process with the appropriate internal departments
- Serve as an ambassador of the company while positively representing Edquity’s values and mission, conveying sensitivity to a variety of basic needs insecurities students might be facing
- Become a product expert in order to effectively contribute to the ongoing creation and updating of product documentation, external-facing FAQs, and support materials
- Run relevant reports around student interaction with the Edquity product, including with regard to emergency aid applications and funds received
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer service, community support, or a direct student support role
- An understanding of and passion for our product and the problems it works to solve for college students facing basic needs insecurities
- A high level of empathy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to help students
- A high level of attention to detail in order to provide technical troubleshooting and customer support using chat (via tools like Intercom or Zendesk), phone, email, and/or social media
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with the ability to embrace change and show good judgment
- Track record of professional and effective verbal and written communication with customers
- Flexibility with hours and willingness to work evenings and weekends (remotely).
The compensation for this position has been benchmarked in relation to the scope of the role, market rate, company stage, and internal equity. The hourly pay for this role will be $30/hr with a schedule of at least 24 hours per week.
Edquity is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color. Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.