About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Software Engineer – (Remote, US)
We are looking for a Streaming Software Engineer to join our team of highly skilled, motivated and collaborative engineers. In this role you would be a key contributor to identifying and solving many of the critical tasks on our roadmap including:
What You’ll Do
- CREATE new play-out and delivery systems to enable video distribution to global video services (OTT, social, live)
- DEVELOP state-of-the-art tech and services to enhance live, linear and VOD video distribution
- EXTEND Wurl’s server-side dynamic ad insertion platform
- BUILD our network to blanket the planet
If you are passionate about solving complex problems with elegant and creative solutions, then this job maybe a perfect fit for you.
- 5+ years of complete software lifecycle experience
- Proven experience with Golang, NodeJS or Ruby and/or other modern languages
- Prior experience delivering highly resilient, distributed micro services on public/private cloud infrastructures
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, SQS etc
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Great team player with can do attitude
A Plus if You Have
- Experience with HTTP video delivery/Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI)/CDN technologies
- Knowledge of open-source software like FFMPEG and nginx.
- An understanding of video storage and delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, RTMP)
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.