Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
Streaming Content Writer, Commerce
Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day.
Yahoo is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced streaming content writer to join its commerce team. You will create streaming sports- and entertainment-focused articles to appear on Yahoo Sports and Entertainment, in conjunction with our affiliate partners. You will have familiarity with streaming platforms in the sports and entertainment categories, along with VPNs, and be full of insights to help our readers quickly determine the best way to watch the games, sporting events, shows and movies they’re looking for. You’ll be adept at optimizing your articles for search and updating them to drive engagement. Digital content experience is a must — and commerce-writing experience is a huge plus.
- Create streaming articles and guides featuring the best Sports, TV and film offerings, and update these guides regularly.
- Produce written content about live streaming (guides, news, etc)
- Education the audience on tips and tricks to watch what they want, when they want
- Quickly turn around clean, conversational copy
- Content optimization for SEO
- Creating basic images for content
- Work with other writers and editors on the Yahoo commerce team, while liaising with contacts on Sports and Entertainment.
- Juggle multiple projects and stories at once with varying deadlines.
- Sports, Entertainment and pop culture interest and knowledge
- Previous experience writing about streaming services
- Ability to quickly turn around clean, conversational copy
- 5+ years writing commerce and/or streaming content
- Expert-level knowledge of style, beauty and home shopping trends
- Must be able to work on some weekends and holidays if required.
- Strong knowledge of SEO and best practices for optimizing content
- Deadline-driven, analytical, strategic thinker
- Excellent copy editing skills
- Experience working in a CMS
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with others and independently
- Proven ability to be nimble and adjust quickly to trends, news cycles, and a constantly changing work environment
- Be motivated, curious and self-starting
- Be extremely organized
- Be an ideas machine
- Bachelor’s degree required
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $77,250.00 – $151,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.