Who We Are
We are creating the best way to finance clean energy for the home to help combat climate change. Mosaic partners directly with solar and home improvement professionals, who use our simple point-of-sale app to offer financing to their customers. This makes it easy and affordable for families to make energy-efficient upgrades to their homes. Since 2012, Mosaic has funded more than $8 billion in loans through our platform and helped more than 1,000,000 homeowners switch to sustainable solutions. Join us as we work toward our vision of 100% clean energy for all.
Location: We are a remote-first company. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
The Strategic Financial Partnerships (“SFP”) Director will serve as a key member of the SFP team, supporting the the sourcing, development, and coordination of Mosaic’s financial institution partnership transactions. This will include developing direct funding relationships (spot sales, whole loan forward flow partnerships and direct origination programs) with certain financial institution partners and partnering with the broader capital markets execution platform..
As the organization builds out its “Lending as a Service” business model, both domestically and internationally, the SFP team will partner with our lines of business (notably Product and Servicing) to enable lead development of private label, white label and LaaS opportunities.
The position will generally be externally facing but will need to work cross-functionally on key program elements with a number of other departments in the organization. The position will report to the Chief of Funding.
Note: We are open to Manager, Director, Sr. Director levels
- Support the coordination of the initiative to broaden Mosaic’s suite of financial off-take partners including banks and credit unions
- Manage the day to day sourcing and tracking of partnership leads from lead identification to transaction close:
- Coordinating/leading capital markets/treasury analyst group in lead source data analysis and target identification
- Supervising the building of efficient tracking mechanisms
- Integration of tracking reports with existing Salesforce initiative
- Initial outreach to “cold” sources
- Maintenance and update of pitch materials and supporting data
- Coordination of due diligence process
- Supporting SFP team in term sheet negotiation and execution
- Supporting Capital Markets in final transaction documentation and execution
- Oversee the on-boarding of new investors in conjunction with Treasury, including account opening and documentation review
- Provide day to day coverage with partnerships and loan brokers and serving as primary intermediary between Finance Partner and Treasury team for routing inquiries
- Work in conjunction with Capital Markets and and Loan Origination team leadership to build off-take programs that optimize asset yield and flexibility to accommodate portfolio growth and expansion in Solar and Home Improvement lending verticals
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Risk, Product, Operations, Treasury and Legal to develop programs that optimize flexibility and execution with Financial Institution off-take partners
- Support broader financing initiatives throughout Mosaic including execution of capital markets transactions.
What you bring to the team
- At least 5 years experience in the Loan Sale and Capital Markets arena, with a demonstrated knowledge of Consumer Finance, preferably including clean energy.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with Capital Markets Funding partners, including banks, credit unions and other asset buyers
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and clear understanding of metrics that drive all aspects of loan asset valuation
- Ability to model (Excel) and convey core economic elements of any given transaction, flow or direct origination program to loan broker and prospective buyers
- Successful history of working within a capital markets/finance team environment and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across Finance suite
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales team and Leadership team, to create best-in-class off-take programs and options
- Documentation experience – demonstrated understanding of business and legal aspects of loan sale and loan servicing documentation and history of successful execution
- Solid work/team ethic
- B.S in Finance
- Solar and/or Home Improvement lending experience (or similar consumer asset class experience)
- MBA in Finance
- Other relevant capital markets experience
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself work environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have a generous PTO program, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
Mosaic’s policy is that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel for work, visit our office, or attend in-person meetings, to the extent permitted by applicable law. We encourage you to speak with your recruiter if you would like more details on our COVID-19 safety policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Mosaic. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.