Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Merit is looking for a Staff Software Engineer in our QA Automation Engineering team. You will be leading the effort in automation test suites and repeatable test processes for our web applications, mobile applications, and APIs. You will be responsible for creating test plans and ensuring test execution via our CI/CD pipeline. This role requires that you are able to take initiative, are comfortable presenting innovative ideas, and eliminate manual inefficiencies. If you’re interested in ensuring the quality of our entire platform and application artifacts and you have what it takes to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.
- Own large portions of our existing and future automation frameworks, tools, and processes
- Design and implement scalable and robust test frameworks and tools
- Design, develop and execute tests for highly distributed systems
- Develop high-quality automated:
- Web and mobile web functional user interface tests using Cypress
- Mobile and tablet functional user interface tests using WDIO and Appium
- End-to-End API tests using Playwright
- Participate in the software development lifecycle from research, technical design to implementation and maintenance
- Make impactful technical decisions that influence the success of the company
- Adhere to our philosophy of “Quality First” by creating thorough test strategies, test plans, and test cases for all features and products
- Collaborate with the development and product team to define high-value test strategies and test cases for web, mobile, tablet applications, and back-end microservices
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team to integrate automation test frameworks and tools into CI/CD
- Provide technical directions for all of Merit’s automation efforts
- Thoroughly understand the significance of testing methodologies including user interface, end-to-end tests, API tests, performance tests, system resilience tests, contract tests, and more
- Learn to identify opportunities to compound the growth and efficiency in testing and automation
- Drive innovation by constantly learning about new automation technologies and methodologies, along with experimentation
- Provide mentorship to junior and senior level QA engineers
- 7+ years of work experience testing web, mobile, and backend applications
- Strong experience with Golang, Python, or TypeScript
- Full-stack automation engineer experienced in testing web and mobile applications using frameworks like Cypress, Playwright, WebDriverIO, and Appium
- Experienced with cloud-hosted testing platforms like Sauce Labs or BrowserStack
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems testing knowledge
- Understanding of software application testing best practices and philosophies
- Mentored engineering team members with a quality mindset
- Clear written and spoken communication skills