Join a tight-knit, fast-growing team on the leading edge of cloud infrastructure technology. As one of our first 30 team members, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our product roadmap and strategy, as well as help us build and develop a powerful engineering team. Reporting directly to the CTO and collaborating with the founding team, you will work with open source technologies to build new products in Go and React. We’re looking for developers that are passionate about our product, can execute quickly, and are comfortable with ambiguity. Top-notch collaboration, communication, and documentation skills are essential.
Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we’re dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results. We recently raised our Series A—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction!
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs
- Serve as an interface between leadership and engineering, helping to determine feasibility and plan and/or break down multi-month/year efforts
- Create and define engineering quality standards across the team or multiple teams, looking to reduce incidents from an organizational process perspective
- Determine and resolve complex issues and bugs
Our ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of experience
- Familiarity with Go
- Experience developing and operating large-scale infrastructure services
- A track record of shipping performant, scalable backend code
- Ability to iterate quickly on new products and the flexibility to switch to high-priority initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for infrastructure and/or DevOps tooling
- Excellent collaboration, teamwork, and mentorship skills
- Familiarity with Kubernetes is helpful but not necessary
- We evaluate our pay scales on a semiannual basis to ensure competitiveness with the upper end of the market for comparably-sized companies, and maintain equitable and transparent compensation policies and processes. Placement within the range will be based on skillset and experience.
- The range for this position is: $175k-$190k
- The equity compensation for this position is 0.22% – 0.47%
Launch & learn—We are resourceful, biased toward action/experimentation, and value a growth mindset.
Strive for excellence, get results—We aim high & take pride in our work, but maintain focus on progress, not perfection.
Context, not control—We believe in empowered decision-making through transparency, flexibility & data.
Welcome diversity—We celebrate and embrace our differences! Aside from being an Equal Opportunity Employer, we place a high value on inviting new perspectives & a broad range of backgrounds and experiences; we are inclusive and seek to create a psychologically safe environment for all teammates; we disagree respectfully.
Celebrate contribution—We maintain a deep commitment to making open source contributions; we are community-oriented; we give and take feedback with grace.
Love the user—We are curious about the end user experience & sensitive to their needs, no matter who the end user of our work is.
Be an awesome communicator—We think clearly, communicate directly, and focus on quality; we listen with empathy and the desire to understand.
Read about our culture, current policies, and benefits at handbook.kubecost.io
🏥 100% paid health insurance for employees, 50% paid for dependents
🦷 75% paid dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% paid for dependents
💻 $3000 equipment stipend every three years to trick out your remote work setup
🖇 Shared office space reimbursed up to $400/month
🗓 Take what you need PTO (we mean it, and we model it!)
🎉 11 company-paid holidays
🐣 12 weeks paid new parent leave
💚 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
✈️ Company-sponsored opportunities to travel and gather with your teammates at events, all-hands retreats, “co-working weeks”, and more
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.