Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency. Over 115 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 1.7 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to support the growth of Swiftly. The Staff Accountant will assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and other projects such as audits and system implementations. The Staff Accountant will oversee accounts payable, lead the accounts receivable collections process, and is a key-player in the month-end close process.
This position reports to the Controller who is based in Denver, Colorado. The role is preferably based in Denver. We have a co-working suite but the role can be a hybrid role. Swiftly HQ is in San Francisco. #LI-Remote
- Full cycle accounts payable processing
- Maintenance of general ledger accounts
- Invoice preparation and AR cash applications
- Invoice follow up and collections
- Cash postings for received deposits
- Credit card transaction postings
- 1099 tracking and compliance
- Preparation of various account reconciliations, including bank and credit card accounts
- Assist in month-end closing and financial statement preparation
- Support with year-end audit
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 – 3+ years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA or ability to sit for CPA exam
- Experience with bill.com, QuickBooks, SaaSOptics, Brex
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- SaaS company experience preferred
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Sales tax experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, analytical and commitment to accuracy
- Prefer experience with small company or emerging growth company
**FOR COLORADO CANDIDATES ONLY:**
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB19-085), the approximate Colorado salary range for this role is $60K to $85K (base salary + any bonus/commissions). This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a multitude of non-discriminatory factors including final role leveling decisions, a candidate’s relevant work experiences/skills, and geographic location within Colorado. Note: salary ranges for non-Colorado candidates may be higher or lower than the Colorado numbers above depending on location.
Salary is one component of Swiftly’s total compensation package, which also includes stock options, competitive benefits, 401(k) matching, a fantastic team and culture, opportunity to have a huge impact, emphasis on professional growth and holistic wellness, and other perks
Beyond the Skills:
– We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
– Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
– Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
– Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
– Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
– Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
– Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
– Competitive salary
– Stock options for every employee
– Medical, Dental and Vision
– 401k with Employer Match
– Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
– Home office setup reimbursement
– Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
– Monthly Education Reimbursement
– Flexible PTO with a required minimum
– Flexible work environment
– 17 paid holidays – including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2022
– 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Swiftly has adopted a mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Swiftly will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide Swiftly People Ops with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.
We are an equal opportunity employer – we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
– Why are you passionate about mobility?
– What interests you about Swiftly?