Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to play a critical role in developing responsive art tools and user-friendly workflow solutions for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a self-sufficient, ‘fire-and-forget’ teammate who takes ownership of critical tech art tasks, acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, and proactively and independently solve challenges. You also have an agile and flexible mindset, and excellent and persuasive communication skills, as you will actively partner with some of the most talented and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
- Share your deep passion for technical art knowledge and your drive to improve and expand upon content creation pipelines and tool sets.
- Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction.
- Collaborate with Artists and Engineers to deliver innovative tool solutions that will help artists develop epic visual content for world-class player experiences.
- Spearhead tech art development for specific projects, and initiatives to standardize solutions across the organization.
- Champion best practices and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
- Be a trusted gatekeeper for performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Inspire and mentor fellow tech artists as a role model of initiative, accountability, and attitude.
- Encourage artists and engineers to thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- 6+ total years in the games industry working in an art capacity, with at least 3 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
- Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
- Proven experience in several of the following: lighting, shading, VFX, environments, characters, physically based rendering (PBR), and content management & optimization.
- Good understanding of creating art assets in multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya, Houdini, Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Ability to lead by example.
- Impressive communication and strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Solid understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
- Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
- Experience with Maya OpenAPI, MaxScript, wxPython, PyQt, and P4Python.
- Experience with integrated solutions such as RealityCapture, Simplygon, Substance, etc.
- Strong traditional art foundation.
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds. Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.