Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage – the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease – no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who We Are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,300+ global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1,000+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer I, ideally with a background in FinTech. Your primary responsibility will be to build and maintain the platform that supports the money movement of our industry leading payment engine moving hundreds of millions everyday.
You will be joining a team in charge of designing new functionalities and improving the current capabilities to improve speed, cost and scalability of our product. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, pragmatic design, building quality products and to convey the sensation that the product is the responsibility of all the team is essential. You will be responsible for ensuring high quality code in a team defined timeframe.
- Write clean, high quality, testable, secure, maintainable and extendable code
- Solve items such as challenging bugs and production issues within the development environment
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Drive change and improvement in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Contribute to the product vision by collaborating with Product Managers and stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with teams across the globe by understanding their needs
- Help your fellow developers to continue growing their skills
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of experience in web application development with Java, Spring and Hibernate as requirements
- Experience in designing, developing and supporting scalable, performant and reliable web applications and distributed systems
- Seasoned in techniques such TDD and BDD
- Proficient working with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Understanding of relational databases
- Strong understanding of object-oriented fundamentals
- Great understanding of the other disciplines in the cross functional team: QAs, Product and SREs
- Fluent in English, as it is the company’s working language
- Experience in FinTech or the payment industry will be appreciated
- The ability to deliver high quality code and learn quickly
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams including product and support
Technologies We Use:
- Spring & Hibernate frameworks
- Cloud platform: AWS
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start – Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success – every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 14 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.