Where A-Players Thrive.
We’re an employee-owned, vertically-integrated builder of some of America’s most popular health & wellness brands. With over 1,200 team members dedicated to improving the lives of people and their pets, we create best-in-class products that bring health and happiness. Our creative content educates the world on making smarter health choices, while the brands we own generate over $1 billion of revenue annually.
We’re Looking For A: Senior QA Engineer who will be responsible for leading the testing efforts, identifying and implementing testing methodologies, mentoring junior team members, and ensuring the quality and reliability of our products. This role will also test the more technical and complex components of our software with high-level problem-solving skills. This will include reviewing requirement documentation, developing test plans, executing tests, identifying defects, and producing QA reports.
Location: Woodland Hills – CA (Remote)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and maintain test cases, test plans and test scripts for both functional and non-functional to ensure quality of our products and services.
- Execute manual and automated tests to identify and report defects.
- Work with the development team and product designers to ensure that defects are properly prioritized and resolved.
- Design and implement automated testing frameworks, tools, and processes.
- Review product documentation for accuracy, clarity, consistency, and completeness.
- Use Salesforce to query data relative to pages under test.
- Analyze Salesforce records including campaigns, destinations, funnels, and split tests.
- Perform API testing using Postman, SoapUI, or other automated API testing tools.
- Identify, document, and track defects and recommend and/or implement corrective measures.
- Analyzes data to identify trends in product quality or defects with a goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects.
- Interface with the DevOps team for infrastructure change testing.
- Monitor and report on progress of testing activities.
- Continuously improve the QA process and procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that our products and services meet customer requirements.
- Mentor junior QA Engineers and provide technical guidance.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Leadership: The ability to lead a team of testers, providing guidance and support to ensure testing is carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Technical expertise: The ability to demonstrate advanced technical skills and knowledge in testing methodologies, automation tools, and software development processes.
- Communication: The ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and management, including presenting complex technical information in a clear and understandable way.
- Strategic thinking: The ability to think strategically and develop testing plans that align with business objectives and project goals.
- Problem-solving: The ability to identify complex problems, determine root causes, and develop effective solutions that align with project objectives.
- Project management: The ability to manage testing projects, including planning, budgeting, resource allocation, and risk management.
- Continuous improvement: The ability to drive continuous improvement in testing methodologies, tools, and processes, to ensure that testing is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Adaptability: The ability to adapt to changes in priorities, testing methodologies, or project requirements.
- College degree or equivalent work experience ; preferred education in computer science
- 2+ years as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- 4+ years total in Software QA
- 5+ years as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer preferred
- Preferred License/Certification: Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE from ASQ)
Golden Perks & Benefits:
- Health and Happiness: Enjoy 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. Get 75% premium coverage for dependents.
- Become an Owner: Join our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and be a part owner of Golden Hippo.
- Boost Your Savings: Maximize your retirement with a generous 401K Plan and company matching up to 3.5%.
- Stand Out, Get Rewarded: Excel and be recognized through our KPI Bonus, Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Flexibility at Your Fingertips: Work on your terms with flexible arrangements for most positions.
- Skyrocket Your Career: Unleash your potential with unlimited room for professional growth.
- Thrilling Events Await: Exciting virtual and in-person events that redefine fun.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $91,300-$121,800, plus annual & monthly KPI bonus potential.
Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geographical location.
*The safety of our candidates is our highest priority. When looking for a job, please be aware of cyber criminals, fake domains, and fraudulent job offers. Golden Hippo recruiters will only contact applicants from our official company e-mail domain, (NAME@GOLDENHIPPO.COM) or through our internal Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse. In addition, Golden Hippo recruiters will never text you, send you checks, or ask you to disclose personal financial details. If you receive any suspicious communications regarding an open position or a job offer, please contact Golden Hippo directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify its validity.*