Plume is a mission-driven, trans-founded company that is focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the transgender and gender-nonconforming communities. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans life and build a virtual care home for the trans community.
As a rapidly expanding organization, we are now proudly available to more than 1 million transgender individuals in 42 states. We are an organization formed through the lived experience of trans people and fierce allies and we welcome other heart-forward, talented individuals to join our team on this journey.
Are you an experienced Sr Manager of Accounting with a deep affinity for the trans experience? Read on!!
We Are Authentic: We opt for honest and direct conversations. We strive to be vulnerable and connect authentically
We Are Accountable: We follow up and follow through on commitments to each other within the community and to ourselves
We Are Growth-oriented: We take initiative, we’re proactive learners, and we tackle new challenges
We Are Inclusive: We’re considerate of working across diverse experiences. Every voice is valuable in serving our vision. We have an unusual bias for seeking input
We Are Collaborative: We put “we” before I, we stay engaged and communicative when we disagree, and we can commit even if we’re not in full agreement
We Are Trans-Informed: We ask “why?” and we distrust the status quo. We honor awkwardness & experimentation over polish and the way things have always been done
About the Role:
The Sr Manager of Accounting will report to the Senior Director of Finance and ensure that Plume’s core accounting processes are performed with efficiency and accuracy. You will be responsible for standardizing and maintaining a system of accounting records as well as performing key accounting functions, including accounts payable and payroll, and partnering closely with members of the People & Culture team and Operations team.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting as well as the month and year-end close in accordance with US GAAP for two entities, including operations-related journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage preparation and presentation of information for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial external reports, audits, and reviews
- Conduct all aspects of the AP process, including but not limited to using bill.com and corporate credit cards, ensuring timely payment of invoices
- Conduct all aspects of the payroll process, including but not limited to processing payroll and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Leverage technology to build scalable/sustainable processes to create efficiencies, streamline accounting operations, and improve the employee experience
- Manage all aspects of payroll and equity distribution and tracking
- Develop, document, and implement policies and procedures around accounting
- Maintain Plume’s books and records and prepare Plume’s financial statements
- Assist with the completion of Plume’s tax filings and ensure Plume’s compliance with all tax laws and regulations
- A passion for and affinity with Plume’s mission to transform healthcare for every trans life
- BA/BS or higher in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a SaaS Tech Company (Health Tech Startup is a plus)
- Experience with month-end closing, accounting cycle management, and financial reporting (routine and ad hoc)
- Experience managing/directing outsourced accounting teams
- An absolute comfort level with being an individual contributor whose day-to-day work will span all aspects of accounting operations and special projects as needed to attain company goals
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal tax laws & regulations, and U.S. GAAP
- Extremely detail oriented with strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with proven diligence and dedication
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Stripe, Bill.com, and Google Suite
- (Familiarity with FP&A is a plus!)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Annual Salary DOE
- Ground-Floor Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Free Plume Membership and Mental Health Subscriptions
Plume is an equal-opportunity employer. Trans and gender-non-confirming individuals, particularly those who identify as people of color, are strongly encouraged to apply. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read more about Plume at www.getplume.co