At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
It’s an exciting time in 2U’s growth, and our Finance team plays a critical role in the holistic overview of the business. As we continue to grow as an organization, the Finance team is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, Boot Camp with a background in financial reporting and analysis. A perfect candidate would have a background in FP&A, experience with Adaptive Insights (or similar finance system) and is proactive in maintaining relationships with various stakeholders across the company. Our team is a dynamic group of individuals who support the business in the most efficient and effective way possible, but also enjoy connecting with each other through everyday banter and team events. We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who is ready to do the same!
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Supporting the Finance team by providing financial reports, analysis, forecasts, and other tasks as required
- Assisting in key month-end activities to provide oversight of the completion and accuracy of the monthly reports by conducting transactional research and preparing monthly financial reporting
- Maintaining financial models within Adaptive Insights while driving model improvement through automation
- Reviewing P&L statements and performing variance analysis
- Assist in the bi-weekly revenue forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Analyzing financial results to include conclusions and insights on trends and variances
- Building strong relationships and collaborating with business leaders to become a key stakeholder for the business
- Other ad-hoc projects as determined by the Finance management team
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or a related field, Graduate Degree is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in Finance or another analytical role
- Experience with financial analysis – have a strong understanding of the “why” behind the numbers and an intuitive thinker
- Demonstrated experience cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with employees at multiple levels: peer, manager, executive
- High proficiency in financial modeling, Excel, and database management with an ability to produce timely and accurate work
- Experience with Adaptive Insights strongly preferred (or similar finance system)
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Workday, NetSuite, Salesforce, and Tableau preferred
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of frequent change
- Analytical thinker with desire to understand driving factors behind the data
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Dedicated to self growth and finding opportunities for efficiencies within the team
- Eagerness to participate with the team both within and outside of work duties
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $80,000K -$87,500K, with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there — we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.