Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of over 20 health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employee-owners are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We’re Looking For A: Senior Copywriter to combine fresh and creative ideas, razor-sharp writing, high-level persuasion skills, and overall to have a drive to create massive revenue with an emphasis in writing and editing scripts for video sales letters.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA or Remote
How to Apply:
We need 3 things from you…
- Your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this position
- Write a 500-word email about a healthy habit you have in your life and why you think we should try it. Write it conversationally, in a way that really makes us want to implement it TOMORROW. If we’re convinced, you get an interview. Your application will not be considered if the sales pitch is missing. Please send your sales pitch to: email@example.com
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Write and edit successful scripts for long-form video and text sales letters
- Develop a deep understanding of the different products and brands in need of written content
- Continuously iterate on copy to increase conversions and beat controls, with a focus on customer acquisition
- Create copy to be included on upsell funnel pages, ads, landing pages, and other projects as assigned
- Consistently produce Facebook/YouTube ad creative that scales
- Edit and proofread writing of colleagues
- Conduct research to ensure that written content is accurate
- Drive and provide creative direction on key projects, including video shoots as appropriate
- Support and provide feedback to junior copywriters
- Collaborate in-depth with media buyers, video editors and product development team
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Deep understanding of consumer psychology and persuasive writing
- Intensive research experience using primary sources
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- 5+ years of professional, high-output creative writing experience
- Sales or direct response copywriting experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, major in Journalism, English, Creative writing, Screenwriting, Marketing, or Communications
$92,100 – $122,800, annual & monthly KPI bonus potential, depending upon experience
Click here to learn more about general internet safety and our hiring practices.