We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a global work environment that empowers employees to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as a # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and have made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California | Sydney, Australia | Auckland, New Zealand.
About Our Solutions Engineering Team
The SE team is a team of builders, innovators, industry experts, and subject matter experts. Our customers and prospects rely on us to help unblock their challenges and realize the potential of reality capture technology. Our SE team is based around the world, come from different industry and technology backgrounds, and are eager to learn, grow, and build with the growth of the reality capture industry.
Solutions Engineers are industry experts, with a strong sense for the drivers and trends that are transforming the reality capture space, and can convincingly and effectively demonstrate DroneDeploy’s solutions using documented customer evaluation plans and use-case adoption examples.
You will be the primary industry and solutions resource for our AEC sales team, taking a consultative approach with our customers and prospects, identifying their use cases and operational challenges and driving value-based alignment between customer needs and the DroneDeploy platform. This is a critical role in our Go-To-Market team, working hand in glove with our AEC sales territory leaders to support existing and prospective customers as their trusted industry and product advisor.
Our ideal candidate loves nurturing customer relationships, and is deeply curious, with a passion for tell stories, solving complex problems, and articulating innovations and improvements. As a critical partner to our customers and prospects, you will bring accountability, strategic thinking and deep product knowledge. You have conviction and passion for technology and cloud platforms, solving real-world operational challenges for Industry, delivering high value impact inline with customer and DroneDeploy objectives.
- Consult with existing and prospective customers to identify the current state of their reality capture program, identify and document current pain points, collaborate on solutions, and drive successful evaluations to align their needs with DroneDeploy’s solutions
- Collaborate with the sales team (average 2-4 AEs) on opportunity qualification, demonstrations, proof-of-concept presentations, RFP responses and business justification in a presales capacity
- Work with Sales & Customer Success to grow customers into DroneDeploy advocates and accelerate adoption through programmatic engagement strategies, training and consultation.
- Conduct analysis to determine the best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training on DroneDeploy’s Product, and/or hardware recommendations such as drones, mobile devices, 360 cameras, etc.
- Partner with Marketing to conduct group training webinars and in-person sessions to educate customers on DroneDeploy’s platform
- Develop a mastery of DroneDeploy solutions Unified Aerial and Ground Products, Aerial and Ground Automation tools, and Intelligence products, as well as our service offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of field experience in similar role or in a program/operations management role with an energy, construction, architecture, mining or engineering organization
- Prior experience with a SaaS company or working knowledge of enterprise SaaS products
- Pre-sales, solutions engineering or customer-facing experience with enterprise SaaS platforms desirable
- Must be able to obtain a Part 107 UAV pilot’s license within your first 3 months
- Able to travel domestically and visit customers approximately 50% of the time with the possibility for international travel. Active passport and ability to travel internationally is required.
- Exceptional communication skills, including demonstrated experience in delivering solutions proposals to C-suite and executive-level stakeholders
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, with superior organizational and time-urgency skills
- Able to work Monday – Friday 8-5PM EST, but variable hours may be required due to the nature of role, travel, and customer engagements
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.