As part of the AppOmni Solutions Engineering team, you’ll work closely with the solution focused AppOmni SaaS security sales team to provide technical expertise and guidance for customer engagements.
The AppOmni Solution Sales Engineer role is a technical SME role that directly supports sales delivery of quota, and you’ll be working closely with the sales team to ensure continued AppOmni growth.
You will be measured by your expertise and your ability to lead to customer successes. There is also a requirement for close interaction with internal AppOmni teams, such as Product Management, Product Marketing and Customer Success teams to ensure that we continue to out-innovate and provide a smooth transition from pre-sales to post-sales.
We expect the Solution Sales Engineer to be able to cover and own the following tasks during day-2-day engagements, and interactions with customers and internal AppOmni teams.
- Provide technical coverage for AppOmni customer opportunities qualified by the AppOmni sales team.
- Present AppOmni to customers at all levels from technical engineering team members to C-level decision makers.
- Provide technical demos to customer prospects.
- Run, and own customer Risk Assessments and Proof-of-Value (POV) engagements.
- Lead technical conversations about SaaS security industry trends and emerging changes.
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner.
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to SaaS security and compliance.
- Be a SaaS security specialist and evangelist.
- Work with Product Management and Product Marketing to build requirements and product features based on feedback from customers.
- Work with the AppOmni Customer Success team to ensure a smooth customer transition from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Support relationship expansion with AppOmni supported SaaS security partners and vendors (SFDC, O365, Zoom, Box, Slack, Github etc).
- Provide technical AppOmni solution coverage for AppOmni marketing activities.
- Help create, and maintain central AppOmni Demo systems and demo guides
- A flexible, remote-first company, with
- A team of talented individuals who love answering questions, guided by
- A high bar for quality and commitment to self-improvement and personal growth, and
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies, offering
- Competitive salary and benefit options, as well as
- Opportunities and support for massive career growth
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience as a security system engineer, Solutions Engineer, or systems integrator.
- Working knowledge of common SaaS solutions, such as SFDC, O365, Zoom, Box, Slack, Github, ServiceNow, Workday both from a technology and a business driver standpoint.
- Self-driven and self-motivated individual who enjoys a fast moving and constantly changing environment.
- Startup experience is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in securing SaaS / cloud environments.
- Deep understanding of API based security & compliance standards.
- Hands-on experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating and configuring security products during risk assessment or POV engagements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong technical qualification and closing skills.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise security space, and experience working with and closing enterprise transactions.
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution.
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware and their creation and activation etc.
- Technical acumen with a broad technical security and infrastructure background.
- Programming and DevOps experience will be an added advantage
- Experience with working with Channel partners, and understands a channel centric go to market approach
Locations candidates can reside in:
- New York
We believe in cultivating excellence – within ourselves, and in the work that we do. Our team of customer-centric, data- driven experts are brought together by the shared passion to create tools for the greater good. Our tribe is determined to make a difference, to positively impact our way of life by securing the technology that is changing the world.
We believe in being a trusted and transparent partner to our customers, and we are fervent about providing them with high-quality, usable, and dependable software focused on the human experience, built out of a culture of coopetition and a deep understanding of their needs and goals.
We value our people and know that wellness and a healthy work/life balance enables you to thrive and bring us your best. An autonomous schedule, flexible commute, and freedom from punching a clock means you are empowered to enjoy life, work when inspired, and available when needed.