Wunder is building a Modern Energy Company.
We were founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the deployment of solar energy. In doing so, we help businesses, municipalities, and schools save money by delivering clean on-site power. We convert simple warehouses into electrified industrial platforms built for the future. We enable the nation’s leading commercial and industrial real estate firms to capture the benefits of solar across their properties. We align ESG goals with revenue targets, and the renewable energy assets we’re deploying today will power America’s tomorrow.
Wunder currently holds more than $1 billion in solar assets under management and capital commitments. Our team has evaluated more than 10,000 properties for solar across all 50 states. Our average solar system – about 480 kilowatts in size – can offset 350,000 pounds of coal burned each year of system operation!
In this role, you’ll work in partnership with Wunder’s Account Management team to develop commercial-scale solar projects across the country. You’ll be responsible for managing the entire development process for a portfolio of solar projects, from initial site diligence to NTP and PTO. You’ll go beyond a traditional development role as you will also bring standardization into the untapped sub-megawatt commercial and industrial market by leveraging Wunder’s industry-leading technology platform.
- 6+ years of solar project development experience, ideally in commercial or industrial markets (CA, MD, MA, NY, NJ, IL, and CT)
- Successful track record of getting deals to NTP or PTO
- Thorough understanding of the solar development process including siting, interconnection, acquiring interconnection service agreements, etc.
- Interest in standardizing and scaling the commercial solar development industry using technology
- Comfortable with traveling approximately 10% of the time
- Advance the development of sub 1MW C&I solar projects across the country
- Manage a portfolio of sites under development and provide guidance and support to the junior members of the team
- Identify and prioritize sites for development, structure the deal, and execute on the project partnering with 3rd party engineer design firms and EPCs
- Oversee the preparation and submission of permitting and interconnection applications
- Standardize processes to develop projects and efficiently track all details to achieve milestones on time and on budget in order to close C&I deals at scale
- Utilize technology to standardize C&I solar
- Find innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- Compensation: $115,000 – $245,000 per year plus equity
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Up to 14 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for childbearing parents; 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for non-childbearing parents
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO