Olo is seeking a Software Quality Advocate to join our engineering team and help us take the next steps toward whole team quality. You’ll support a smart, passionate development team dedicated to delivering amazing products, within a quality engineering group that is committed to a multi-faceted approach to product quality. You’ll also contribute to our group’s cross-team initiatives that amplify our impact.
Quality Advocates at Olo partner with Software Engineers in Test to implement a comprehensive quality approach within our development teams.
This is a full-time position. We support remote work from anywhere in the U.S.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinating cross-team test initiatives with QE staff on other teams. Teamwork is how we roll at Olo.
- Reporting on test coverage, deficits, and effectiveness for your team’s components…metrics are cool!
- Implementing creative approaches to software testing that accelerate software development.
- Representing the needs of the client and/or user and usability considerations during feature development.
- Collaborating with product owners and developers to design, implement and maintain visible test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Analyzing complex features to identify quality risks and provide suitable feedback, taking into consideration performance, reliability, scalability, resilience, and usability concerns.
- Articulating clear, concise test strategies with a bit of flair.
- Providing clear and consistent test artifacts for test visibility and evidence of working software in multiple environments.
- Partnering with developers and product owners to adapt Whole Team Quality (WTQ) practices to a team’s unique needs.
- Offering creative solutions in a rapidly evolving environment.
What We’ll Expect From You
- You have strong opinions on software testing and general software quality concepts.
- You love software testing and thrive on making software better.
- Identifying appropriate heuristics is always a part of your test strategy.
- Server logs, database queries, and deploying code do not scare you.
- You’ve got a technical degree or comparable industry experience.
- You’ve been in an agile testing role, with a track record of success.
- You thrive in a rapidly changing and evolving environment and take initiative to solve problems.
- You’re comfortable discussing product requirements with product owners and testing approaches with developers.
- You can write test documentation that is easily understandable and receives praise from co-workers.
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!