Reports to: Engineering Manager
Compensation Range: This role has openings with multiple experience levels, $100,000 – 170,000 commensurate with experience. We understand individuals gain experience in many ways, we value depth of knowledge as well as years of experience.
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
We know hackers are getting smarter, that’s why Huntress is continuing to build software and tools to help our customers stay ahead of threats by providing them with an easy to install end point detection system and a detailed navigation portal.
We are growing our engineering team with talented, full stack, collaborative engineers who are looking to make a difference for our customers by building sophisticated systems and working collaboratively and cross functionally.
Our engineers work closely with our product managers, design engineers, and testers to build world class tools for our customers. While we do have teams assigned to specific areas of our product, we believe in everyone working together to solve our technical challenges, shipping clean code quickly, and lending a helping hand where needed. You’ll find yourself pairing often and learning from each other daily.
- Work with your team to complete features for the Huntress Portal
- Give and receive feedback on feature designs, code, test plans
- Work with your team to divide up work into tasks and complete those tasks
- Communicate proactively and clearly about the state of work
- Participate in the design of upcoming features
What You Bring To The Team:
- 5+ years of experience developing software products
- 3+ years of programming in Ruby on Rails
- Demonstrated experience reviewing code, problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- Experience working in Linux based infrastructure
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Environments preferred
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital plan reimbursement
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.