Position: Software Engineer III
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
Location: Wherever you are happiest! Work from home
Type: Full time
Compensation: $110,000 – $125,000 USD
Tessitura is a nonprofit company dedicated to helping arts and cultural organizations thrive.
CRM lies at the heart of our mission and our technology platform. With Tessitura in their toolkit, organizations can achieve their goals with ease.
The Tessitura community includes over 750 cultural institutions in ten countries. Our staff provide 24/7 support and offer guidance to grow revenue and build lifelong engagement.
At Tessitura, the Innovation Group’s mission is to build Tessitura’s product and technology innovation pipeline from identification of need, through ideation, product development, engineering, infrastructure, quality assurance, deployment, and feedback/iteration cycles, ensuring that we deliver continually innovated technology to our members, ecosystem partners, and team members.
The Engineering division is responsible for creating enterprise systems that cut across all the functions of an arts and cultural organization to enable connections with prospects, donors, members, single-ticket buyers, and subscribers and other constituent groups. Tessitura offers an equally strong solution for ticketing, fundraising, marketing, customer relationship management, data segmentation and web capabilities. This includes business facing applications, consumer facing web applications, Android-based access control systems, and more.
Software Engineer IIIs at Tessitura are highly collaborative and bring creativity and curiosity to their work every day. They exhibit a natural predilection to learning, self-improvement, and elevated team operations as they build our industry leading software solutions. They are expected to design complex systems and mentor Software Engineers on their team about software best practices and developing high-quality code and solutions.
We build and support diverse products such as a business facing CRM, ticketing and contribution management solution, a consumer-facing, a white label e-commerce application, and an Android-based access control application.
We serve a thriving, unique, and passionate global community of Arts and Cultural organizations. As such, successful Software Engineers at the Tessitura Network match the passion and creativity of the members we serve.
- Program functional software systems as described by the Product group
- Ensure all committed code has unit tests, and that the build is successful prior to committing work.
- Support Innovation Group and Tessitura Network short and long-term objectives by building software that achieves those objectives.
- Lead and participate in team design, culture, and planning conversations that impact their application area
- Lead and participate in conversations with stakeholders and across teams about software engineering initiatives
- Learn, understand, and share domain knowledge related to our software and the Arts and Culture industry.
- Improve the performance, maintenance, deployability, and test coverage within their assigned projects.
- Support the Tessitura platform, triage problems and troubleshoot technical issues
- Mentor new and existing Engineering team members with technical implementation and team engagement.
- Participate in on-call engineer rotations as assigned.
- Is able to lead a small group of Engineers to execute a feature implementation for their application area.
- Understands the impact of engineering decisions within the scope of their application domain, and coaches their peers on technical implementations with that in mind.
- Stay appraised of modern and emerging software engineering technology
- To support the Innovation Group on key short and long-term strategic planning issues and make recommendations on important decisions.
- To integrate as a key member of the Software Engineering team, advancing the business of arts and culture.
- To role model, embed and reinforce the connection between the Company’s values, people, and organizational performance, taking personal accountability for individual, departmental and organizational performance.
- Support and take personal responsibility for driving Tessitura’s company culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, transparency, and openness, and to have mutual respect, and appreciation for everyone’s contribution to the Company, offering support and encouragement to others as required.
- To maintain and improve the Company’s reputation as a leading service provider with a focus on Member needs, working as a leader, taking a broad, strategic, cross Company view in any decisions.
- To understand the risks and challenges that faces the Company as an international organization, taking account of Age, Disability, Gender, Language, Race, Religious Belief, and Sexual Orientation.
- To support and take personal responsibility for driving the Company’s Corporate Plan, and associated strategies, and to have mutual respect, and appreciation for everyone’s contribution to the Company, offering support and encouragement to others as required.
- As a term of employment, the post holder may be required to undertake such other duties and / or times of work as may be reasonably be required commensurate with the general level of responsibility within the Company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern object-oriented language such as C#, Ruby, PHP, or Java.
- Experience working in a team, shared code responsibility software development environment
- An open, curious, and growth-oriented mindset.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Software bootcamp certification, BA/BS in Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience mentoring other developers in best coding practices and team engagement.
- Experience designing software systems.
- Cloud computing experience managing and deploying cloud infrastructure as code and working with serverless computing and cloud services to build applications.
- Experience working in a distributed office environment.
How to apply:
Please apply using the online form. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our company is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as well as providing a workplace of mutual respect, free of any discrimination or harassment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) Commitment:
At Tessitura, our mission is to enable arts and cultural organizations to achieve their goals. We recognize that having a diverse team is not only critical to our commitment to adopt equitable behaviors, it will also fuel collaboration, innovation and creativity as we deliver on our mission.
Creating an environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work is both our pledge and our passion.
Ultimately, providing an accessible and inclusive workplace will allow the Tessitura community to thrive.
Tessitura is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, engaging in legally protected activity, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Tessitura also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law. Subject to its legitimate business requirements, Tessitura bases all personnel actions, such as recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, compensation and benefits, discipline, termination, and educational, recreational, and social programs, solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, and performance.