*This is a fully remote, direct hire (W-2) position. Contractors will not be considered and working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is not permitted for this role.*
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring developers!
Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. We are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team and we want you to help us grow!
We are passionate about uptime, code correctness, and quality. We are hiring a Frontend Software Engineer II with recent WordPress experience who shares our passion to help build the next generation of solutions and trading tools. We have fun while we work, and always appreciate people who can maintain a sense of humor in any situation.
As a frontend engineer, you have a direct and immediate impact on Bittrex customers. You will tackle all kinds of problems having to do with usability, security, performance, reliability, and scalability to build an experience that is pure awesomeness. We are constantly looking to leverage new technologies and you will be at the forefront of it all.
What you will be doing:
- WordPress web page redesign and implementation with custom themes and plugins
- Designing web advanced level applications in PHP/WordPress
- Performing WordPress maintenance and updating related Bittrex website pages
- Leveraging the latest web technologies to develop rich user experiences across desktop and mobile browsers
- Building reusable, testable code that will help drive engineering maturity and efficiency
- Developing efficient, reliable solutions that can scale to millions of users
- Collaborating well across disciplines (design, PM, business, etc.) and among engineering teams
Primary Tech you will be using:
- Microsoft Azure Stack
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years experience with WordPress implementation with custom themes and plugins
- Experience designing web advanced level applications in PHP
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Stack
- Solid debugging and testing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Borderline paranoia about protecting customer data and assets
- Self-motivation with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Experience with TypeScript and/or MobX
- Passion to drive new features
- An understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and/or SQL Azure
- Experience with NPM, Git, and issue tracking systems (Jira, VSTS, etc.)
Benefits at Bittrex:
- Fully remote
- Flex office space
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
#BI-Remote #LI-Remote #LI-KL1